Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:40 AM

39 posts, read 204,250 times

Advertisements

So if you buying a house on one of those streets, needed to be a UB nearly everyday, wanted to feel as safe as possible, knew you would resell in 5-7 years and had small children, which would you choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 10:14 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedFlanders View Post
So if you buying a house on one of those streets, needed to be a UB nearly everyday, wanted to feel as safe as possible, knew you would resell in 5-7 years and had small children, which would you choose?
The one by ECC. Trust me. Amherst IS a very good school district, but as others have mentioned, the neighborhood is changing and I don't think it's changing for the better. It appears that as the older population dies off or moves, it is sometimes being replaced with lower income families. Williamsville is a much more consistant area. Although you dislike the yard, having ECC right across the street (practically) can give you a place for your future children to run and play. I see families playing soccer and playing there all the time. Best of luck to you!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,262,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
If you go down Youngs and turn into Lawrence Bell ( left turn) there are offices and there were some small manufacturing firms. That an Wehrle are all business around there. Here is the aerial for it from mapquest. I just put in the intersection of Lawrence bell and Youngs, zip 14221

Map of Lawrence Bell Dr & S Youngs Rd Buffalo, NY by MapQuest

You do know who lawrence bell is named ofr? Bell of Bell Aerospace.
How long did you live in the area?

Old 03-04-2008, 01:29 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,262,232 times
That all office space developed by Uniland Development Co, I know because I worked as a consultant with them on these properties.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:34 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,299 times
I'm attending UB Law in the fall and I had a chance to visit last month. Me and my son really liked the Amherst and Williamsville areas. But I'm wondering if there are any similar suburbs that are less expensive that I should check out? (I want to cover all bases)
My son will be starting 10th grade in the fall and I know that Williamsville East is a great school, so i'm leaning heavily toward moving into Williamsville. I'm just curious though, am I limiting myself?

i appreciate any help!

oh and i'm looking to rent, for now.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:09 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,813,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
How long did you live in the area?
I was just pointing out who the street was named for, be it a Uniland development or not.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:50 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeNYCer View Post
I'm attending UB Law in the fall and I had a chance to visit last month. Me and my son really liked the Amherst and Williamsville areas. But I'm wondering if there are any similar suburbs that are less expensive that I should check out? (I want to cover all bases)
My son will be starting 10th grade in the fall and I know that Williamsville East is a great school, so i'm leaning heavily toward moving into Williamsville. I'm just curious though, am I limiting myself?

i appreciate any help!

Depends on what is impt to you, if its your sons schooling, then williamsville east is a tremendous school! Rents tend to get a bit high though for that area. Congrats on getting into law school

Old 03-06-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:

i appreciate any help!

check out Amherst, Lancaster, Williamsville South, and North, (isn't there a West too?! LOL) Clarance. Check out GreatSchools.net for school info.
Good Luck!

Old 03-07-2008, 04:46 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,299 times
Thanks CAugust and Londonbarcelona!
I'm really happy about attending UB and having the opportunity to live in a place that it seems people only have good things to say about, along w/having some of the most genuinely nice people i've ever met.

Do either of you have any opinons on Sweethome HS? This is the other high school that is in the area where we looked at a few apts.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:00 PM

Default Sweet Home High School,

Quote:
Thanks CAugust and Londonbarcelona!
I'm really happy about attending UB and having the opportunity to live in a place that it seems people only have good things to say about, along w/having some of the most genuinely nice people i've ever met.

Do either of you have any opinons on Sweethome HS? This is the other high school that is in the area where we looked at a few apts.
It's funny you mentioned it, because I was going to say Sweet Home. I've known a few people who went to that high school many years ago and they were very nice. I'm under the impression that the area is still very desirable. I've heard only good things about the area. It's the same as Amherst. I'd send my kids to that school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area