Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 05:29 AM

4 posts, read 2,216 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm hoping that some Buffalo insiders here will be able to help me.
I'm attending a show in New Era Field on August 16th and am looking for some tips on accommodation and getting to the show:
- Where would be a good hotel to stay in for seeing the sights in the city earlier in the day and gaining access to the venue that evening?
- What is the venue like in terms of access? Are roads to the venue typically incredibly busy in the hours before a show? Once I've arrived there, can I expect it to take long to actually get into the stadium with security checking, ticket checking, crowds etc?
Any other info about the city and venue would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 06:38 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,229,212 times
Hotels are all over the place and available. Should be a easy commute to the stadium from anywhere.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:19 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,239,731 times
I know when I attended Bills games this past season, everyone and their mother would use Gates 1 and 2, but Gate 5 (over by the Bills Store) would have far less people since it's a little further off the beaten path. So if it's open for the concert, I would try that one.

Abbott and Big Tree roads can get pretty backed up (they actually close down a portion of Abbott to vehicles) as the event draws closer.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:45 PM

821 posts, read 753,802 times
Any hotel in the Southtowns would do-I might recommend the Hampton right off the 90/219 interchange in West Seneca, as it is close to everything. Big Tree rd. and Abbott road get very busy in Orchard Park, but they both only have one lane in each direction, so backups are to be expected with any venue at the stadium. You can also stay at any of the new hotels in downtown Buffalo, the stadium is about 20 minutes away in Orchard Park. I recently visited the Marriot above the Harborcenter and was very impressed, but I'm sure it is not cheap.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:05 AM

2,892 posts, read 1,820,998 times
There are a few clusters of the usual interstate type hotels (comfort inn, Hampton inn, red roof inn) off the I90 exits at ridge road in West seneca, camp road in Hamburg or mile strip road in blasdell.

All of them would be under 10 minutes driving on a normal day. If you want other ideas stay downtown there is more going on especially in summer, or the other direction there is a Hampton in down route 20a the next town over in East aurora that wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:44 AM

937 posts, read 692,941 times
He's asking where to stay in downtown Buffalo, not some 2nd ring suburb!

Why drive 10+ miles one way when there are over a dozen choices, many within walking distance?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsLi...s-zfp3165.html

Adam's Mark Buffalo
Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Downtown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo
Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside
Hotel @ The Lafayette
BEST WESTERN - On The Avenue
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Lofts on Pearl
Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER
Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Lenox Hotel and Suites
Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Curtiss Hotel
The Westin Buffalo

Last edited by videobruce; 04-11-2017 at 10:55 AM..

Old 04-11-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
there is a Hampton in down route 20a the next town over in East aurora that wouldn't be a bad choice either.
Might as well suggest something in Allegany State Park while you are at it.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:13 AM

821 posts, read 753,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Might as well suggest something in Allegany State Park while you are at it.
He is going to Ralph Wilson Stadium...East Aurora is closer to the stadium than downtown Buffalo.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:54 AM

You better re-read his post, it's New Era Field he's talking about even thou he did use the word "stadium".

Old 04-11-2017, 01:07 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,229,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjoseph View Post
He is going to Ralph Wilson Stadium...East Aurora is closer to the stadium than downtown Buffalo.
Plenty of beer in east Aurora for sure. A town with a drinking problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area