Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 07:19 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,260,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
How far is buffalo from mountainous terrain/ skiing and snowboarding
Might want to look at a map, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 07:29 PM

63 posts, read 55,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Too hot and brown for me. You can keep that urban sprawl

Phoenix just won another $1B new Semi truck plant bringing 1,000's of new jobs to Arizona
Phoenix was in competition with 30 other Cities & 9 States
https://t.co/A09CwrYBz8

I guess they like it hot and brown or maybe they like sking almost year round in the many ski resorts in the Arizona Mountains

Old 01-31-2018, 06:48 AM

You might want to post on the Phoenix board then. Great news for you.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:30 PM

373 posts, read 348,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Might want to look at a map, lol

Or I can ask a local
Who has experience in that matter . Compared to looking at a map and not knowing the exact distance or what I'm even looking st

Old 02-02-2018, 06:14 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
This Phoenix guy has me laughing my ass off lolololol....

Old 02-02-2018, 06:14 AM

11,772 posts, read 5,785,673 times
You can hit the slopes at Holiday Valley or any other ski slope in about an hour. Most towns have skating rinks and a couple have ponds that freeze over for skating. Sledding can be found anywhere where the trucks dump the snow or at some of the parks.

Winter can be fun - especially when you have kids - but as you age - you worry more about icy roads. slick driveways and side walks, parking lots virtually unmanageable with a shopping cart full of food and high heat bills.

Sorry but I look forward to the exotic bugs - weather that may be too hot and humid during the day but still enjoyable in the early morning and evening hours - and sunny skies. I look forward to no ice and the fear of falling just getting to your car, accidents because of the ice and people driving like it's summer - causing the accidents, starting your car 1/2 hr earlier to clear off the ice so you can get to appts and work on time. More elder would leave if they had the finances to do so but some people just don't like change and will deal with what they already know.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
This Phoenix guy has me laughing my ass off lolololol....
Bragging about urban sprawl at its finest. Take the information and apply it to their message board about Phoenix.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You can hit the slopes at Holiday Valley or any other ski slope in about an hour. Most towns have skating rinks and a couple have ponds that freeze over for skating. Sledding can be found anywhere where the trucks dump the snow or at some of the parks.

Winter can be fun - especially when you have kids - but as you age - you worry more about icy roads. slick driveways and side walks, parking lots virtually unmanageable with a shopping cart full of food and high heat bills.

Sorry but I look forward to the exotic bugs - weather that may be too hot and humid during the day but still enjoyable in the early morning and evening hours - and sunny skies. I look forward to no ice and the fear of falling just getting to your car, accidents because of the ice and people driving like it's summer - causing the accidents, starting your car 1/2 hr earlier to clear off the ice so you can get to appts and work on time. More elder would leave if they had the finances to do so but some people just don't like change and will deal with what they already know.
To each your own then.

You have no family here then I guess

Old 02-09-2018, 12:19 PM

93,234 posts, read 123,842,121 times
While it isn’t in the area, this is what people in another part of the state do: Celebrating the snow on the Tug Hill | LocalSYR

Old 02-09-2018, 01:06 PM

168 posts, read 267,648 times
This thread cracks me up. I'm a native Rochesterian, and cannot wait to return "Home" once I retire from a major employer in Research Triangle. I miss home, yes the NY taxes are higher, but then you get what you pay for. Yes, the heat bills are higher, but the A/C bills are lower so it balances out (how are those A/C bills in Phoenix????), I miss Wegmans - although they are coming here FINALLY!! I miss all my favorite places and things, and just that feeling of history of place.

Nothing where I am now pulls at my heartstrings. I don't have any fond memories here, none of my favorite foods or restaurants are here. I don't have memories come to mind when I drive down a certain road, I don't have any childhood memories from here...such as birthday picnics at Letchworth Park, or going for a fish fry on Friday night. I can't enjoy a stroll through my favorite park, even if there were parks here I liked, it's too darn HOT to enjoy them. I don't mean for this to be a grousing post...just that some people have great fondness for their hometowns. Fortunately in this country we have the freedom to live where we choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area