Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 10:13 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,260,177 times

Advertisements

I lived in South Carolina enough said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 12:02 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,675,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walessp View Post
As a former WNY resident for at least a decade, I've got to call out BMD69 (above) Quote is below:

"True. I like it here cause family and friends and like green space as opposed to dry brown areas and rednecks."

Not even sure what "dry brown areas" he/she refers to, but having moved to NC sometime ago, I have found the south to be very welcoming.

The Blizzard of '77 still sticks in my mind as a deciding factor and based of weather reports up there, not much has changed.

Summers were great but I much prefer to sit by the mighty Atlantic and work on my tan. Come on down to Redneck Country - the water is warm and "rednecks" are friendly to Northerners as it turns out. I even married one!

walessp
Yeah I don't think anywhere down here in NC gets dry/brown lol. BMD is just one of the many WNYers who seem to enjoy being miserable. Although, I'll give it to him/her that he/she tried to change their living situation to at least try it out. Doesn't sound like it was that much of an open minded move though lol.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:14 PM

I was talking about the Southwest. Open mined how do you know. Didn’t like it enough to stay, is that ok with you.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
Yeah I don't think anywhere down here in NC gets dry/brown lol. BMD is just one of the many WNYers who seem to enjoy being miserable. Although, I'll give it to him/her that he/she tried to change their living situation to at least try it out. Doesn't sound like it was that much of an open minded move though lol.
Why don’t you post on the North Carolina message board.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:35 PM

63 posts, read 55,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
I was talking about the Southwest. Open mined how do you know. Didn’t like it enough to stay, is that ok with you.

You keep saying the southwest is Brown & Dry, Arizona has more boats then WNY and more Lakes & Rivers then WNY too that you can use year round, Also what AZ is getting is ton's & ton's & ton's of young educated people from WNY are moving to AZ and are moving to other boom towns in droves to NV, TX, NC, SC, FL too, You can see the population loss's in WNY and all you see in WNY are mostly eldery, senior citizens or refugees from third world countries, that's why everything is closing up and the roads & malls are empty and theirs vacant & empty buildings everywhere,

https://youtu.be/dyX064NinqM

Last edited by Pettie; 02-20-2018 at 03:49 PM..

Old 02-20-2018, 03:59 PM

93,234 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettie View Post
You keep saying the southwest is Brown & Dry, Arizona has more boats then WNY and more Lakes & Rivers then WNY too that you can use year round, Also what AZ is getting is ton's & ton's & ton's of young educated people from WNY are moving to AZ and are moving to other boom towns in droves to NV, TX, NC, SC, FL too, You can see the population loss's in WNY and all you see in WNY are mostly eldery, senior citizens or refugees from third world countries, that's why everything is closing up and the roads & malls are empty and theirs vacant & empty buildings everywhere,

https://youtu.be/dyX064NinqM
Most of the people moving to AZ tend to come from CA or the Midwest, not strictly WNY.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:02 PM

For something more quaint and walkable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RUG...&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_b...&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shja...&feature=share

Old 02-20-2018, 07:13 PM

Some companies to look into, if interested: https://www.tesla.com/careers

Careers

https://careers.rich.com

https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=ITT+...=Buffalo%2C+NY

Old 02-21-2018, 08:44 AM

63 posts, read 55,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post

Speaking of Testla, That's actually the Solar City panel plant that the NYS taxpayer's built and payed 750 Million dollars of taxpayers money for Again 750 Million !! that went bankrupt and that Testla inherited when they purchased Solar City assets, Then Testla subed out the Buffalo plant to Panosonic with very limited production, instead of over 2,000 jobs their's 150 jobs to 200 jobs that are mostly low paying assembly jobs with 90% of jobs quoto reserved for City of Buffalo residents and minorty's
That's costing the taxpayer's 3.5 Million per job

Old 02-21-2018, 10:15 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,675,945 times
Quote:
Quote:
Why don’t you post on the North Carolina message board.
I post in both boards as I have connections to both states. I'm not trying to offend you, you just remind me a lot of how I use to be prior to moving south, as well as the majority of upstate New Yorkers I grew up with. The region is very isolated in terms of innovation and growth, and many people end up not realizing how much better other states are out west and down south. Of those that do move, it's quite common for people who are from places like you and I are from to find even the smallest, most insignificant things of other places to complain about. Like I said, I use to be the exact same way when I first moved down here.

All I'm saying is you should give the south/west another shot and try to be as open minded as possible. It worked for me and I'm much happier now. It can work for you too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area