Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:28 AM

755 posts, read 2,326,116 times

Advertisements

My in-laws live in Cheektowaga...very nice town. As far as the snow, yes, it snows a lot, gets cleaned up, you keep going. Nothing like NJ, where it snows and everything shuts down. However, I would highly recommend some kind of vehicle with 4 wheel drive as opposed to AWD. Despite what most people think, they are different. You might want to research that as well.

Since those few of you who are moving to the Buffalo area and have never driven in snow, please DO NOT lull yourself into the comfort of a 4 wheel drive vehicle and think that you are invincible. Drive as cautiously as you would in a regular car...just know that your chances of getting stuck are a lot less and, I think, you are a lot safer in a 4wd vehicle than 2 when driving in the snow.

I've driven both a car and our 4wd truck in the snow and I know that would take the truck over anything to drive in any kind of snow conditions. Ice...well, ice has no favorites 2wd or 4wd...ice is ice, if you're gonna slide, you're gonna slide no matter what you're driving.

Stay safe and good luck!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 07:13 PM

327 posts, read 937,014 times
Thumbs up Don't panic

It's very easy to get around Buffalo because of its location and highways, expressways, truways (what ever you call it) around and inside of it. Location says it all. I bet your residency contact - sponsor will help you with relocations. You know you're not alone and your coordinator-advisor has a great network. You're not the only one there. Contact your coordinator. Don't panic is the main focus. The Buffalo-Niagara is the great friendly region, you'll get many friends here who will help. Take it easy.
You'll enjoy your free time and hopefuly stay for good. Don't over work yourself. Stay healthy to promote the healthy environment around yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area