Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 12:25 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,231 times

Advertisements

Coming up to visit the area. Any thoughts on this club?

Buffalo used to be our home town. UB grads.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 05:08 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,867,350 times
What are you looking for?

Old 10-09-2018, 06:59 AM

317 posts, read 826,093 times
I think the op wants to shoot things, right?

Old 10-09-2018, 07:31 AM

6,413 posts, read 4,908,175 times
I never heard of it, but I am not a gun person. It gets good reviews on Google so it must be ok.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncnittany View Post
I think the op wants to shoot things, right?
That's my guess as well.

I am into guns too so i was going to inquire what he plans to bring with him and give him advice or local laws. I just didn't want to see him get himself in trouble just because NY sucks.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:54 PM

Thanks. I appreciate the suggestions. I'm not bringing anything as I understand the draconian laws. I was going to check out the place as I'm interested in competitions as what they might offer. I was also interested in the problems and time parameters of pistol permits in the local area if I had to move there (for various reasons).

Old 10-09-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Thanks. I appreciate the suggestions. I'm not bringing anything as I understand the draconian laws. I was going to check out the place as I'm interested in competitions as what they might offer. I was also interested in the problems and time parameters of pistol permits in the local area if I had to move there (for various reasons).
Seeing as we are talking Erie county.... Each individual township in the county has a slightly different process for issuing pistol permits.

To go through the entire pistol permit process
Expect to spend some $ probably 200-300, some time going to offices, interviews, applications, meetings and a lot of patience. The entire process is going around a year.

Its a huge burden and a pain. NY makes it as difficult as possible but generally speaking they are typically issuing a whole bunch of "unrestricted" permits lately which is great. As difficult as they make it, there are still at least 10s of thousands of people in the county with their permits. By some estimates 50,00-100 000 adults have their pistol permits. That's part of the problem that there is a large demand it slows down investigations. (I personally know many people that carry everywhere but it's like "fight club" and you don't talk about fight club unless your in fight club) so most people are oblivious how many people in the county are armed. NY only allows conceal carry, no open carry.

ARs and other modern sporting rifles are "ok" "maybe".(i said "maybe" because no one knows exactly for sure what is legal and what isn't. The law was written extremely vague by people who don't understand guns and at the end of the day it comes down to which law enforcement agency you have an encounter with, what their opinions are and then of it goes to court or not. To date most cases I'm aware of ended in plea deals to lesser charges. Hopefully with justice kavanaugh now a case will go all the way to the supreme court and knock down this unconstitutional nonsense. So without any real court case ruling to base our speculation from were left guessing as to what the intent is to a poorly thought out law called the NY SAFE act.) NY SAFE is widely unpopular outside NYC and long island) that in a nutshell states rifles that accept detachable mags cannot have features (pistol grip, flash bidet etc) it's a joke because it only limits cosmetic and ergonomic features.

Or,

You can have all the features of you use a fixed mag with a mag lock.

So to summarize, a mini14 ranch is good to go, a fully featured ar15/10 with a mag lock is good to go. An AR built without a protruding pistol grip, no vertical foregrip and no flash bidet is also on to accept detachable mags.

Also, only 10round mags or less for us "common folk"

If you want any specific information I would be glad to give you more detail just PM me.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:35 PM

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:35 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,390,589 times
Good luck, you are entering occupied territory bro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area