Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:39 PM

112 posts, read 436,898 times

Advertisements

I liked Anchor Bar's wings if I didn't want to get messy, but if I wanted my wings to be "swimming" in the sauce, I would go to Duffs. I drove by Duffs on Millersport for at least 7 years before I realized that it was a restaurant. The lack of windows completely threw me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 04:02 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sent View Post
I liked Anchor Bar's wings if I didn't want to get messy, but if I wanted my wings to be "swimming" in the sauce, I would go to Duffs. I drove by Duffs on Millersport for at least 7 years before I realized that it was a restaurant. The lack of windows completely threw me off.
Well we never said it was pretty.... LOL
Just that they have great wings.
However, as someone mentioned, they are "saucy" which I happen to love.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 5,025 times
Do not go to Duffs in Orchard Park. It was probably the worst dining experience ever. My wife had called & made reservations for the Buffalo Bowl game a few days earlier. Once we got there & ordered drinks & food, the manager said we had to leave by 3 pm because another party was coming. We got there at 1:30. Rather than trying to work with us, he was rude & kept interupting my wife when she explained what she was told on the call. He said they dont take reservations even though we were told they do on the phone. If you dont take reservations then why do we have to leave by 3 pm for someone else who is coming in. He said if we didnt leave, he would call the cops. There were 15 of us. 3 new borns & an elderly grandmother with a walker. The manager is a tool. The worst experience ever!!! The place is very dirty also in the back where the video games are. I wouldnt recommend this place to anybody especially families.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:38 PM

60 posts, read 177,196 times
For atmoshphere and being at the birthplace of the wing as others have said, Anchor Bar. For the best tasting (and it is right off of Interstate 290) Duffs has the best wings and bleu cheese around. My mouth is watering, im going tonight.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:12 PM

504 posts, read 1,493,595 times
I say skip the Anchor Bar. It's a tourist trap. Go to Duff's.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:59 PM

58 posts, read 198,787 times
getting to duff's is top priority for me next time im in buffalo. anchor bar wings were definitely good, i thought the big tree actually had some decent wings also.

ahh and wash them down with an ice cold labatt......heaven!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,423 times
Well my two cents is La Nova has coasted on their reputation for at least a decade, their food has consistantly gone down hill. Gabriels Gate on Allen St. have awesome wings, Duffs has good wings as well. Anchor Bar orignated them but i haven't tried them in years.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:24 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,423 times
I feel guilty even saying this but Jack Astors in the Galleria Mall has amazing wings, cooked just right, jumbo in size and not too messy.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:54 PM

268 posts, read 1,050,150 times
My introduction to Buffalo Wings was actually through Buffalo Wild Wings. I've now tried both Anchor Bar and Duff's. And I have to say that the variety of sauces that Buffalo Wild Wings offers is pretty good. :embarrassed: . . . please don't hurt me.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:40 PM

137 posts, read 316,203 times
I agree I love Duff's their wings are amazing. Also La Nova's had a rasberry flavor for chicken wings last time I had those (about 5 years ago) they were amazing two friend and I ate 100 and one of their party pizzas like it was nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area