Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 12:52 PM

93,188 posts, read 123,783,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Hook & Ladder Development recently closed on its 13th mixed-use commercial building on Seneca Street

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/lo...c-ef1362d80e06
To bring it back to the original post, here is some information from the development company: https://www.hookandladderdevelopment.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 01:03 PM

1,070 posts, read 391,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niagarapurple View Post
and
Every single year the property taxes, school taxes keep going up !! and when their already 10 to 12 times higher then the national average and still going up, something is seriously wrong
Niagara, when Bethlehem etc. closed, Erie County lost the property taxes from those plants. Homeowners had to make up for the property tax revenue that was lost.

I’d like to figure out what the property taxes are now for the house that we owned years ago (Amherst). I can’t seem to research this...

Old 10-18-2019, 01:23 PM

304 posts, read 217,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
Niagara, when Bethlehem etc. closed, Erie County lost the property taxes from those plants. Homeowners had to make up for the property tax revenue that was lost.

I’d like to figure out what the property taxes are now for the house that we owned years ago (Amherst). I can’t seem to research this...
Just 1 month of Amherst property taxes is more then what most people in the country pay for a whole year

Old 10-18-2019, 03:57 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:

This link should provide you the answer you are looking for. Real Property Parcel Search | Real Property Tax Services

Here is the current tax rate table: http://www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/sites/ww...Comparison.pdf

Old 10-18-2019, 06:25 PM

6,391 posts, read 4,896,864 times
Quote:

https://egov.basgov.com/amherst/

Old 10-19-2019, 05:51 AM

472 posts, read 335,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niagarapurple View Post
Mfg. is never coming back to the Northeast or rust bucket. But Mfg. is booming in Arizona & Nevada and theirs 100's of new massive Mfg plants are under construction in AZ & NV...their calling AZ the Silcone desert & the new motor city...When you have super low taxes, no regulations, work to right laws
You should see what happens when cities “race to the bottom” to lure factories by having low taxes and low regulation in today’s global economy. The environment suffers, the schools suffer, public services suffer, economic inequality grows, a few get richer, and the desperate masses get only dangerous, minimum-wage jobs with few worker protections. The result is crowding, smoggy air, traffic congestion, underperforming schools, bad health, and overall low quality of life.

For example, Houston is a manufacturing boomtown right now as well. I live there. Come see hundreds of square miles of ghetto just beyond the shiny skyscrapers downtown. This mega-ghetto is where all the factory workers live. Most of the workers come from other countries where they were facing starvation on their farms, where they never had the chance to attend a school like Buf State or UB. Now in America, they earn slightly more than minimum wage to work in a factory in Houston, at least until they get injured, long before retirement age. They cram large families into small houses, so that the middle-aged parents who can no longer work can be cared for by the kids. The kids who grow up in these areas are like Tony in NC - eager to get an education and move to someplace less toxic and brutal, to have more of a middle-class, white-collar life.

You want to bring those conditions back to Buffalo? And without labor unions or modern regulations? Just so you can say that Buffalo is booming again?

Count me out of that. I remember when downtown Buffalo was covered in black soot. Buffalo is just now starting to earn accolades for clean air and clean water, recovering from decades of exploitative industrialization. I’d rather Buffalonians work as medical lab assistants than in auto factories. I’d rather state and nonprofit and small businesses form the bulk of employers, rather than big global corporations that maximize profits as they trade workers for robotics, and lobby to kill minimum wage laws and environmental protections.

Buffalo may not have Bethlehem Steel or the days of the smoggy industrial boomtown. It’s way better now. Buffalo is rightsizing, detoxing, and transitioning to a modern, decent place to live, or as best it can in a fundamentally unfair global economy.

Old 10-19-2019, 07:55 AM

304 posts, read 217,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper_head View Post
You should see what happens when cities “race to the bottom” to lure factories by having low taxes and low regulation in today’s global economy. The environment suffers, the schools suffer, public services suffer, economic inequality grows, a few get richer, and the desperate masses get only dangerous, minimum-wage jobs with few worker protections. The result is crowding, smoggy air, traffic congestion, underperforming schools, bad health, and overall low quality of life.

For example, Houston is a manufacturing boomtown right now as well. I live there. Come see hundreds of square miles of ghetto just beyond the shiny skyscrapers downtown. This mega-ghetto is where all the factory workers live. Most of the workers come from other countries where they were facing starvation on their farms, where they never had the chance to attend a school like Buf State or UB. Now in America, they earn slightly more than minimum wage to work in a factory in Houston, at least until they get injured, long before retirement age. They cram large families into small houses, so that the middle-aged parents who can no longer work can be cared for by the kids. The kids who grow up in these areas are like Tony in NC - eager to get an education and move to someplace less toxic and brutal, to have more of a middle-class, white-collar life.

You want to bring those conditions back to Buffalo? And without labor unions or modern regulations? Just so you can say that Buffalo is booming again?

Count me out of that. I remember when downtown Buffalo was covered in black soot. Buffalo is just now starting to earn accolades for clean air and clean water, recovering from decades of exploitative industrialization. I’d rather Buffalonians work as medical lab assistants than in auto factories. I’d rather state and nonprofit and small businesses form the bulk of employers, rather than big global corporations that maximize profits as they trade workers for robotics, and lobby to kill minimum wage laws and environmental protections.

Buffalo may not have Bethlehem Steel or the days of the smoggy industrial boomtown. It’s way better now. Buffalo is rightsizing, detoxing, and transitioning to a modern, decent place to live, or as best it can in a fundamentally unfair global economy.
Buffalo & Cheektowaga have extremely high cancer rates Buffalo is a toxic dump and the whole region is one big love canal from hickory woods Buffalo River even the suburbs out to Transit & Sheridan, Google it

Old 10-19-2019, 09:15 AM

1,070 posts, read 391,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
This link should provide you the answer you are looking for. Real Property Parcel Search | Real Property Tax Services

Here is the current tax rate table: http://www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/sites/ww...Comparison.pdf
Looks like the tax on my Amherst house is now 3-4 times what it was in 1992...

Old 10-19-2019, 09:52 AM

93,188 posts, read 123,783,345 times
More South Buffalo development information: https://www.buffalorising.com/catego...south-buffalo/

Old 10-19-2019, 09:56 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Looks like the tax on my Amherst house is now 3-4 times what it was in 1992...
I'm sure your not surprised and hope the current resident feels they have value for what they pay. As you can see from how people post some are outraged, some are accepting as this is the price to live in Buffalo, and others concoct mixes of variables that if you stand on one leg and look to the east during the equinox the costs are on par with the rest of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area