Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 11:37 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,268,936 times

Advertisements

Living in Rock Hill, SC a so-called suburb of Charlotte. The locals TV folks issued a tornado watch for the area today. Guess what I removed all my lawn furniture and battened down the hatch and prepared for the this tornado. Nothing happened, thank god.
Down here in the south they create a panic where we run to the grocery stores when there is snow coming. I don't I lived during the Blizzard, in the Town of Elma.

Boy do I miss Commander Tom! did he act like the nut cases here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 AM

327 posts, read 939,868 times
Tornado watch doesn't mean it's going to happen. They want you to watch the TV and stick to their channel.
It's better be safe then sorry. Did you see what happened in Virginia yesterday?

Old 04-29-2008, 02:25 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,268,936 times
Your not going believe this, my daughter in law lives in Hill Point Farms in Suffolk, VA. Their house was untouched. The live directly behind the the local hospital. The shopping center that you've seen on TV is nearby too.

What my point was is weathermen down in Rock Hill/Charlotte get you in a panic mode.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:18 PM

Thumbs up begining of the tornado season

Good for her. She's the lucky one. However, many people got hurt. It's only the begining of the huricane and tornado season.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:46 PM

922 posts, read 3,862,734 times
TV stations everywhere hype the weather. It's good for ratings. Then they run promos afterward bragging about how accurate their forecasts were, unless they weren't, then they sweep it under the rug.

Funny you should mention Tom Jolls. I used to work at Channel 7 back in the early 90's. Tom was a very nice guy, probably the nicest person there. That folksy personality you saw on TV was really him, and he used to give a lot back to the community.

He didn't know a damn thing about the weather, though. He used to get a fax from Accuweather that told him what he needed to report. Back in the day "weathermen" were not "meteorologists".

Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 AM

Thumbs up skript

Some weathermen/women a just a skript readers.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:21 PM

28 posts, read 115,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Your not going believe this, my daughter in law lives in Hill Point Farms in Suffolk, VA. Their house was untouched. The live directly behind the the local hospital. The shopping center that you've seen on TV is nearby too.

What my point was is weathermen down in Rock Hill/Charlotte get you in a panic mode.

I'm glad your dil and her home is okay b.
The newsmen here make us panicky as well...does me for anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: