Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:57 PM

112 posts, read 381,231 times

Advertisements

The yawka is pretty well lost. As I said I live in the midwest (have for the last 8 years) & before that lived in California, Florida & New England. I realize that western new york culturally speaking is pretty far removed from the NYC metro area & believe me, I'm grateful for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,213,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedzone View Post
I'm currently in the Chicago area, but seeking to relocate to Buffalo. I'm a native NuYawka. I love NY! That's why! Sort of narrowed my search to 1. Amherst / Williamsville 2. Grand Island 3. Lewiston Village 4. Cheektowaga 5. North Buffalo.
Where are the nicest parts of Cheektowaga? I don't want to be too near the airport.
Hamburg is supposed to be a very nice area to live also.
Everywhere in Cheektowaga/Depew you'll hear the (louder) sounds of airplanes coming and going. I'm in Buffalo, about 10 miles from the airport and I hear planes all day, everyday because the flightpattern is right over my house (not as loud, but still hear them just the same). I thought I'd mention that. If to seek the amenities of a quiet suburban neighborhood, sometimes certain things have to be over-looked, like an International Airport.

I know people living out that way who say they don't get a good night's rest unless they hear airplanes in their sleep.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:44 PM

112 posts, read 381,231 times
I understand that. I used to live near a train track & found the night train going by comforting.

Well, I'm still totally bewildered as to where in Buffalo I want to live. I will probably just have to spend some more time in WNY before I decide.

I hear North Buffalo isn't bad...

Old 05-27-2008, 03:40 PM

327 posts, read 939,486 times
Thumbs up Money talks

Money talks and rule the world, not the foreign accent. However, the foreign accent sounds sexy.
Live whereever YOU want to live. It's your decision and money: whatever comes first. DO what you like and like what you do. Enjoy yourself.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:47 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,814,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedzone View Post
I understand that. I used to live near a train track & found the night train going by comforting.

Well, I'm still totally bewildered as to where in Buffalo I want to live. I will probably just have to spend some more time in WNY before I decide.

I hear North Buffalo isn't bad...
I live between train tracks ( 1 south of us and 1 north... a mile or 2 away, each of them). You will find many trains in the area.

You might consider looking in the area east of the airport near where Lancaster/Clarence and Alden come together. Just stay away from the Thruway in any town. Lancaster and Alden are cheaper than Clarence and just as nice.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:08 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
usually anywhere in Cheektowaga is bad since it's surrounded by the airport to a point....................
try Williamsville or Getzville or EAst Amherst. I used to live in Williamsville and Getzville and it was very safe!!
Amherst was rated #3 I believe in one of the safest cities in the country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area