Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2022, 06:15 AM

6,406 posts, read 4,899,454 times

Advertisements

Buffalo has had for many decades a large well defined African American area of the city, the East Side. Growing up in Buffalo it has been there as long as I can remember, 60+ years. I would venture to guess that the maniac checked out Rochester and Syracuse and chose Buffalo because there was a large and busy supermarket in the middle of the African American area of the city, where there would be many targets especially on a Saturday. Google Buffalo and then look for supermarkets and the Tops stands out as the only large market in the middle of the East Side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 07:19 AM

5,686 posts, read 4,084,462 times
Not defending this guy at all, but let's look at some facts.
white population-60.3%
black population-13.4%

I'm wondering why, as a for instance, the other day, watching TV, 6 commercials in a row had all black people in it? It used to be about 20%. There is no question there is an agenda being pushed. 99.9% of the population won't react to it, but everyone has noticed.

Old 05-16-2022, 07:26 AM

93,231 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Not defending this guy at all, but let's look at some facts.
white population-60.3%
black population-13.4%

I'm wondering why, as a for instance, the other day, watching TV, 6 commercials in a row had all black people in it? It used to be about 20%. There is no question there is an agenda being pushed. 99.9% of the population won't react to it, but everyone has noticed.
What does this have to do with the incident? Some of the stuff you have concentrated on in the thread is kind of odd...

Old 05-16-2022, 08:11 AM

9,524 posts, read 16,505,688 times
My view is Mass shooting are mainly done by young white males. Or so it seems. Nothing is ever done about it and I doubt anything will be. It's a sick country where thoughts and Prayers by weak ignorant politicians is always the response.

Its beyond time to get to the roots of the problem and fix it. Enough with the thoughts and Prayers. Which is rather ignorant response, knowing damn well more shootings by these young trash types is inevitable. If mass shootings were as common worldwide I'd say it's a worldwide sickness. It's not though it's clearly a US problem, that is intenionally not
being addressed. How many of these young shooters are in prison now, and we all pay to keep them there. As far as I'm concerned execute them and send a clear message. Mass shooters will be tried an executed, no prison sentences. The method of handling these shootings is a disgrace. Remove them from society and get the message out. You kill innocent people in public places expect to be tried and executed. My wish for the trash 18 yr old in Buffalo. Just get rid of him and go after his parents also. How he lives in that fancy house and they are unaware of his hate.

Last edited by Jimrob1; 05-16-2022 at 08:52 AM..

Old 05-16-2022, 08:27 AM

2,814 posts, read 2,279,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Oh I see.

- Southerners, if White, are most likely automatically reared with White supremacist idealogy

- Like everything else wrong in the world, "it's Donald Trump's fault"

Got it.
Yeah, I disagree with poster on being southern being a major factor. Unfortunately racist thoughts and actions aren't confined to any specific region of the country. What did strike me as more notable is that the shooter appears to come from a comfortably middle class family. The Charleston shooter was from a poverty stricken unstable background. While that certainly doesn't excuse his actions in anyways. It does help explain in part how he adopted a hateful racist ideology that placed him as a victim and he was able to fall through the cracks.
While you can't tell what was going on with Buffalo killer one would think he would have had more support to spot his issues and deradicalize him.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:58 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
God doesn't exist, but thanks.
Gosh, so much to pick apart in all your posts, but I'll keep it brief in the interest of space.

1) some criminals stay off highways to avoid cameras, not because of toll expense
2) nice stereotype of people from the south....your closed mind speaks volumes
3) you can't prove God does not exist any more than I can prove He does....that's why its called faith.

Perhaps you should listen to what Darius Pridgen had to say about this horrific tragedy.
Carry on.

Last edited by bridgerider; 05-16-2022 at 10:10 AM..

Old 05-16-2022, 09:59 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,777 times
This guy gets it, on all levels.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/15/10990...in-buffalo-n-y

Old 05-16-2022, 10:18 AM

93,231 posts, read 123,819,554 times
More: Buffalo gunman was kicked out of Tops the night before mass shooting

Old 05-16-2022, 10:38 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,876,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
If anything, the demographics of the university lowers the black percentage in Syracuse. You take the university(and other colleges) out of Syracuse and the city approaches probably 40%, if not surpasses it.

Also, in terms of the food desert comment, there are a couple of stores in Syracuse that come to mind that could have been on the radar. So, knowing that, it is even more surprising at least to me.

Yes, that's true about the ACTUAL demographics, but I can tell you that a lot of people downstate think the only black people in Syracuse are people going to Syracuse University from elsewhere (usually greater NYC of the other big cities in the Bos-Wash corridor). That was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
- Like everything else wrong in the world, "it's Donald Trump's fault"

Of course there were white supremists before 2016. But you don't think he didn't at least help "add gasoline to fires"? Things like "both sides" comment on Charlottesville for example? That helps people who might have kept "in hiding" forever be a lot more open....

Old 05-16-2022, 11:36 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I think the reason he didn't pick Syracuse is he, like many others, probably doesn't perceive Syracuse as a place that has a "black neighborhood", incorrect as that is.

He's not alone, I remember not too long ago when that video came out with the police who "arrested" a little kid who took ice cream or candy or something like that in Syracuse, a lot of people here downstate, with their own incorrect biases and stereotypes about upstate cities were like, "there's black people in Syracuse (outside of the university)"? And some of the people I know who said that were black.
I just want to clarify - the police did not “arrest” the kid for stealing. They drove him home where they turned him over to his parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area