Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 06:54 AM

6,458 posts, read 4,946,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Just saw this. Pagula's oldest daughter to get %%%.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...8984ef75&ei=11
That is such a sad story about Kim Pegula, my prayers are with her every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2024, 07:22 AM

5,748 posts, read 4,122,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
That is such a sad story about Kim Pegula, my prayers are with her every day.
Yes ,it's terrible. Just goes to show that you can have all the money in the world, and still suffer.

Old Today, 09:18 AM

93,650 posts, read 124,375,652 times
Quote:
Just saw this. Pagula's oldest daughter to get %%%.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...8984ef75&ei=11
So, the team will stay completely within the family after all.

Old Today, 09:58 AM

6,458 posts, read 4,946,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
That's fantastic news for Bills fans

Old Today, 11:04 AM

Quote:
That's not how I read that. There was no disclosure of the percentage she got. I'm sure whatever amount it was, it would be a taxable gift, so not very much. 30% upon the death of Terry and Kim. BTW, 30% is not a majority.

I believe he is still looking for about a billion in cash.

Last edited by JWRocks; Today at 11:12 AM..

Old Today, 11:16 AM

93,650 posts, read 124,375,652 times
Quote:
That's not how I read that. There was no disclosure of the percentage she got. I'm sure whatever amount it was, it would be a taxable gift, so not very much. 30% upon the death of Terry and Kim. BTW, 30% is not a majority.

I believe he is still looking for about a billion in cash.
Even that the 1 billion aspect wasn't mentioned in the article. It looks like the move is setting up to make sure that the franchise stays with the family though. How much each person in the family gets appears to be the big question mark, but it looks like he is setting things up for the family to keep ownership of the team.

Old Today, 11:25 AM

30 posts, read 3,545 times
Quote:
Even that the 1 billion aspect wasn't mentioned in the article. It looks like the move is setting up to make sure that the franchise stays with the family though. How much each person in the family gets appears to be the big question mark, but it looks like he is setting things up for the family to keep ownership of the team.
You would be correct. Per the reporting by Tim Graham from The Athletic when this story broke, this is part of the NFL's required succession plan.

Old Today, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmosquitox View Post
You would be correct. Per the reporting by Tim Graham from The Athletic when this story broke, this is part of the NFL's required succession plan.
I could only read for 10 second before it was blocked. Can you summarize what it said?

I still see 70% unaccounted for upon Terry's passing, which at his age, could happen at any time. I would think there's enough money from his businesses to cover the whole team and estate taxes.

Old Today, 01:34 PM

30 posts, read 3,545 times
Quote:
I could only read for 10 second before it was blocked. Can you summarize what it said?

I still see 70% unaccounted for upon Terry's passing, which at his age, could happen at any time. I would think there's enough money from his businesses to cover the whole team and estate taxes.
Here's the relevant text from the article:

"To ensure the most efficient succession plans possible, the NFL discourages franchise ownership by a single person. For decades, majority owners had to maintain control of at least 51 percent of the team, but the threshold has been continually throttled down over the years, with a “controlling family” now required to own at least 30 percent and individual family members allowed to own as little as 1 percent.

Each May, teams are required to file an updated succession plan that must be approved according to established league guidelines. An NFL source who has been involved in succession planning says to be compliant teams are required to designate a successor with a controlling interest, an effort to make any transition smoother and curtail potential family infighting."

Old Today, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmosquitox View Post
Here's the relevant text from the article:

"To ensure the most efficient succession plans possible, the NFL discourages franchise ownership by a single person. For decades, majority owners had to maintain control of at least 51 percent of the team, but the threshold has been continually throttled down over the years, with a “controlling family” now required to own at least 30 percent and individual family members allowed to own as little as 1 percent.

Each May, teams are required to file an updated succession plan that must be approved according to established league guidelines. An NFL source who has been involved in succession planning says to be compliant teams are required to designate a successor with a controlling interest, an effort to make any transition smoother and curtail potential family infighting."
So that sounds like he can't sell more than 29% of the team to any one entity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: