Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 AM

120 posts, read 302,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
I wish a lot would say it though.

So many people swim in a sea of negativity about Buffalo. When something new comes along, no one is happy because they want it all the same.... only to complain that it's "the same old Buffalo". No pleasing some people.

A lot of this "new development" (commercial slip, for example) is at the hands of our tax dollars, and many have complained (myself include) that downstate NY gets everything, now is the time for upstate and I couldn't be happier. No matter the bargaining chips tossed on the tables of political negociations (and terms of re-elections), at the end of the day, changes are coming to our city... good changes and that's a breath of fresh air.
We should all be thankful that OBAMA is President now. He understands the rustbelt situation and is trying to keep extra money flowing in our direction. He is making a concentrated effort to pour millions upon millions into the area for development and to get the welfare dopes off the rolls. Helping to create jobs that pay well that don't require a college education will only help our area. If we can get more people working to support themselves, then in turn their children will learn to work for a living. It has to start somewhere. I'm hopeful now that Obama is in office. I'm willing to give him a full four years to help turn things around. I have a feeling he's going to be true to his word. But it's not like he can just do this stuff overnight, because the other places that HAVE been given breaks (like NC, SC, GA) will fight us tooth and nail for the cash. But Obama is smart enough know that there are certain areas that need more help than others. NYC has had enough breaks, let them pay for their own stuff. Upstate NY has been carrying NYC for far too long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 11:17 AM

1,576 posts, read 5,346,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta2 View Post
Seeing all this makes me want to cry! I want to come home NOW! When I left my family yesterday I was in tears. Living near family and everything you've grown up with is so comforting. I only wish there were more high paying jobs (I'm an executive VP for a very large retail company) so I could move home!
And those are just a few of the dozens of projects that seem to be popping up every day! I'm sorry to hear you left. I hope someday you'll be able to come back home for good, right here in our beautiful Queen City.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta2 View Post
We should all be thankful that OBAMA is President now. He understands the rustbelt situation and is trying to keep extra money flowing in our direction. He is making a concentrated effort to pour millions upon millions into the area for development and to get the welfare dopes off the rolls.
Well, I don't see Obama worrying and helping out upstate New York yet, or the city of Buffalo for that matter. He says he'll do this or that, be doesn't put it to action and leaves the country with trillions of dollars in debt for generations to come.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:45 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,997,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Well, I don't see Obama worrying and helping out upstate New York yet, or the city of Buffalo for that matter. He says he'll do this or that, be doesn't put it to action and leaves the country with trillions of dollars in debt for generations to come.
Alot of the debt will be paid back + interest. We would have spent that with the war anyway.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese9988 View Post
Alot of the debt will be paid back + interest. We would have spent that with the war anyway.
At least that's being spent for a useful cause...

Old 06-24-2009, 09:40 PM

Construction Update on Genesee Gateway:

Construction Watch: Genesee Gateway | Real Estate | Buffalo Rising

Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 AM

Avant:

The Renaissance Begins: Avant | City | Buffalo Rising

Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,997,273 times
^ Thats a gorgeous building, the glass gives it almost a translucent look....now we can see if they are actually working.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:01 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,260,177 times
I leave and now their constructing these great looking buildings

Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,260,177 times
I see alot buildings/properties that I did Environmental Assessments for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area