Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:11 AM

147 posts, read 535,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I never really understood why the university was put in Amherst either. Probably the same reason the Buffalo Bills stadium was built in Orchard Park! I agree, corruption.

Have you found any other place you'd like to relocate to yet? My father grew up in Superior, WI. I was lucky enough to visit and thought it was very quaint.

Are you looking to stay on the east coast? There are so many beautiful towns and small cities within the United States, hopefully one will pop out at you and make you feel comfortable. My sister has lived all over the US and one thing she always looks for in a city/town is a great university system. I tend to agree with her, if you find a place that has the resources of a large university, you may be able to find all that you are looking for. Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Keep us updated to your progress!
I didnt really ask the question for relocation purposes - I was just curious about what people might have found out on their travels When it comes to relocating, I'll be moving so I can get a job thats not a waste of my education - luckily I like a lot of different kinds of places although it would be nice to find a Buffalo-esque place...hell, it would be nice to stay *here* but the job market just doesnt offer enough jobs outside of banking, IT or the service-sector.

As for what I want? Well, I'll live almost anywhere I havent lived before! I'm applying for jobs all over the country - except the south and texas. Visiting those places was enough...

Last edited by Yac; 09-11-2008 at 04:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 09:44 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3ronika View Post
I didnt really ask the question for relocation purposes - I was just curious about what people might have found out on their travels When it comes to relocating, I'll be moving so I can get a job thats not a waste of my education - luckily I like a lot of different kinds of places although it would be nice to find a Buffalo-esque place...hell, it would be nice to stay *here* but the job market just doesnt offer enough jobs outside of banking, IT or the service-sector.

As for what I want? Well, I'll live almost anywhere I havent lived before! I'm applying for jobs all over the country - except the south and texas. Visiting those places was enough...
OOPS! Sorry! For some reason I was under the impression you were interested in relocating (possibly for job purposes.) I love Buffalo with all my heart and soul, but other than for obvious reasons (like the lakes, ski resorts, four seasons, friendly people, great neighborhoods, etc.) I think the reasons I miss it most is because it is where I consider my "home" to be. From what I have seen, most people really love their home (home is where the heart is...) especially if they grew up there as a kid. I guess that is why no matter where I've lived, I just could never fall in love with the area as much as I love Buffalo. I know, hit me with a stick, knock some sense into me, I realize that Buffalo has so many problems, but I can't but help yearn to live there again. (My family lives there and I raised my two children there until they were in middle school.) *sigh*

Old 09-09-2008, 11:55 AM

The problem with not having a home is that I end up missing *everywhere* I've lived! (Except Las Vegas - no way.) My vacations are now spent visiting all the friends and family I have scattered about instead of going somewhere new. Maybe one day the wanderlust will end - then I hope that I'll be well prepared to pick that "perfect" place. More likely, it'll be picked for me by as yet unseen forces. So be it.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:46 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,587,046 times
hmmm...the city most similar to Buffalo...how about it's (somewhat) more prosperous and high-tech neighbor to the east. Rochester is about as similar a city/metro to Buffalo as you can get.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:43 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,346,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
hmmm...the city most similar to Buffalo...how about it's (somewhat) more prosperous and high-tech neighbor to the east. Rochester is about as similar a city/metro to Buffalo as you can get.
nah.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:04 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,587,046 times
Care to elaborate a little more?

Old 09-12-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Care to elaborate a little more?
I would get yelled at

Old 09-13-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
I would get yelled at
Only if you if post 5 pgs of dissing

Otherwise, I think I'd like to learn something...

Old 09-13-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3ronika View Post
Only if you if post 5 pgs of dissing

Otherwise, I think I'd like to learn something...
So would I, I'm tired of my own boring opinion, lol . Well for one, Buffalo has major league teams and a much more enhanced nightlife and ethnic/arts scene. It's home to many of the world's largest festivals and is a fantastic city that is finally gaining population. The amount of projects going on in Buffalo is absolutely astounding. I see so few to none in Rochester, and I believe Buffalo is far better than that town. Though it is somewhat nice, there are multiple reasons why I believe that Buffalo is actually more prestigious and a better place to live - if you have a job. It's only a matter of time before Buffalo booms, (it's already showing signs), so be ready and come quick before the rush!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:10 PM

But, I really don't think that Rochester has anything over Buffalo, and would not recommend moving there at all. Just my opinion. Don't yell at me!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area