Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM

114 posts, read 868,186 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I have just been curious about houses in the willamsville/amherst area. I saw an ad for a house on sale which was built in 2008. The ad was posted in the month of July and it is still for sale. The price is less than $200K (4bed). My question is, is it normal for a house to be this long on the market (4 months) without being sold? I mean the house is new and big and cheap for the area....I assume.
I am skeptical to contact the seller...just because its been on the market for so long? Am I wrong to worry...any comments appreciated.

MP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 04:38 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,856,761 times
where is it? pm me if you want - if its a new build in williamsville, it is odd. Especially if you are telling me its only been on the market for 4 months - 4 months ago it was June, easy time to sell something that is in that area and priced right - depends though on the specific area of Williamsville - but just built this year?????

Old 10-26-2008, 04:55 PM

The street doesnt justify the price - the most expensive house on that street sold for 139k in april of 2007, and that was the highest priced home on that street. The average price is wayyyy lower than what it is being priced at. There are a lot of homes that might not be new - but justify the price based on the neighborhood. When you buy a home, you are buying the neighborhood as well....... good luck!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minusach View Post
Hello,
I have just been curious about houses in the willamsville/amherst area. I saw an ad for a house on sale which was built in 2008. The ad was posted in the month of July and it is still for sale. The price is less than $200K (4bed). My question is, is it normal for a house to be this long on the market (4 months) without being sold? I mean the house is new and big and cheap for the area....I assume.
I am skeptical to contact the seller...just because its been on the market for so long? Am I wrong to worry...any comments appreciated.

MP

Old 10-26-2008, 08:54 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,521,563 times
Hey August I like your real estate posts- maybe you have a comment for my thread about church real estate or that one on Niagara Falls 11th and South - Different thread.
Steve in Texas

Old 10-26-2008, 08:56 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,348,208 times
CAugust always contributes greatly to any real estate related thread, and we are very thankful for someone to put so much time on this site for others in need of help. Thanks CAugust!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
CAugust always contributes greatly to any real estate related thread, and we are very thankful for someone to put so much time on this site for others in need of help. Thanks CAugust!!!

Now, thanks guys - that was a very nice thing to say!!!!!!!!

I am no expert, but if I can help, I will - it's definately about buying neighborhoods and not just a house. Thankfully we in Buffalo and surrounding areas have not seen much decrease in value - we never saw that housing bubble everyone hears of - and employment is pretty stable compared to some other areas. I dont own a 300k home - but if someone was looking for a 300k home - what a HUGE home you would get compared to other areas of the country - now taxes, well, let's not go there lol

Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Hey August I like your real estate posts- maybe you have a comment for my thread about church real estate or that one on Niagara Falls 11th and South - Different thread.
Steve in Texas

done!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:23 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,348,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
Now, thanks guys - that was a very nice thing to say!!!!!!!!

I am no expert, but if I can help, I will - it's definately about buying neighborhoods and not just a house. Thankfully we in Buffalo and surrounding areas have not seen much decrease in value - we never saw that housing bubble everyone hears of - and employment is pretty stable compared to some other areas. I dont own a 300k home - but if someone was looking for a 300k home - what a HUGE home you would get compared to other areas of the country - now taxes, well, let's not go there lol
Yes, taxes level out the affordable housing IMO, so really we reside in an area with a relatively affordable lifestyle. However, that is if you can get a good paying job .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area