Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:24 AM

114 posts, read 868,106 times

Advertisements

Hi CAugust,
Ahhh..thats what dm means. Well I would surely like some more information about the communities you mentioned. Spaulding seems a little expensive. I was looking for something in the range of 300 and newly built. Most of the areas in clarence/amerhst /williamsville have old houses for sale about 5-10 yrs old. Thats why I was asking about Lancaster and Orchard Park..thinking they might have more new houses for sale.

MP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minusach View Post
Hi CAugust,
Ahhh..thats what dm means. Well I would surely like some more information about the communities you mentioned. Spaulding seems a little expensive. I was looking for something in the range of 300 and newly built. Most of the areas in clarence/amerhst /williamsville have old houses for sale about 5-10 yrs old. Thats why I was asking about Lancaster and Orchard Park..thinking they might have more new houses for sale.

MP
I have no problem sending the to you, but you need to dm me your email..

There are currently 20 homes on the market since being built in the year 2000, in that area. If we change that figure to homes built from 2005 it goes down to 10, If we look at homes in that criteria built since 2008, the number is 6 - so there is some available currently, but of course everyone wants something different in a home, a few of those 6 are ranches, but some are beauties, all depends on what your needs and wants are....

Old 11-06-2008, 05:58 AM

25 posts, read 23,880 times
Quote:
Also I had one more question, I tried looking for builders who build custom homes, but could only find forbes, mordeno and essex. Is this not common here..to buy a house in a gated community kind of area before its built?
any comments welcome,
thnks,
MP
Additional custom home builders listed below.

Alliance Homes: Alliance Homes | Alliance Homes

Randaccio Homes: RANDACCIO BUILDER INC.

Masterpiece Builders: Masterpiece Builders | Home

Cipollone Custom Homes: Cipollone Custom Homes of Clarence, New York

Fischione Homes: Fischione Homes: Buffalo NY, Western New York (WNY), homes Buffalo NY, new homes, home builders, homes for sale, Buffalo home builder, home builder Buffalo, Buffalo builders, Buffalo subdivisions, Buffalo communities, Buffalo neighborhoods, Rochester

Natale Builders: Welcome Home...

Just to name a few.

If you want more, let me know.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:12 AM

By the way, I'd also recommend CAugust.

I've been reading her posts for a while now, in a different forum and have been very impressed with her.

She seems very knowledgeable and never pushes herself on anyone. that alone, speaks volumes.

A pushy realtor usually has one thing in mind. THEMSELVES!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:08 AM

Thanks Surfing USA. Yes I can tell CAugust is a nice person. I will surely check out the builders mentioned. My email is ah0741@gmail.com....sorry forgot to send out that.
MP

Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 AM

Hi these builder websites are great...lots of interesting options. So I had one more related question. Is it cheaper to buy from these custom builders when the house hasn't been built or for example its still in the process of being built?? I am assuming once the house is built..it must be more expensive than buying when its just land..or when they just show you the model.
thanks. any comments appreciated,
MP

Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Hi these builder websites are great...lots of interesting options. So I had one more related question. Is it cheaper to buy from these custom builders when the house hasn't been built or for example its still in the process of being built?? I am assuming once the house is built..it must be more expensive than buying when its just land..or when they just show you the model.
thanks. any comments appreciated,
MP
It all depends on which builder and what you want, they all work differently....Once a home is built, it can't really have things 'addes", well of course it can - but think of it like this, isn't it easier to just sell something already done and built than add to it??? That doesn't really answer your questions, but perhaps it helps a little?!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Thanks Surfing USA. Yes I can tell CAugust is a nice person. I will surely check out the builders mentioned. My email is ah0741@gmail.com....sorry forgot to send out that.
MP
Check your email, especially spam - I tend to end up in there........ at first...

Old 11-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Most builders build model homes using products that would fall within the "basic" allotments that they typically include.

Keep in mind, if you have a particular taste in decorating, a model home probably isn't the right fit for you. If you're not picky, and what you said about only living in this area for approximately five years is true, a model home may be the right choice.

Personally, with the currently high cost of building materials, if I were you, I'd be looking at existing homes in this market. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:48 PM

Thanks cAugust for the link. All the houses are great..i will surely contact you if I have anymore questions.
MP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area