Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:57 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times

Advertisements

Keep an eye on government positions. The largest employers in this area are various levels, Fed, State, local, etc.

On the fed level, Dept of Vets Affairs is hiring 95 people for adjudication work (although they are 2-4 year term appointments). Homeland Security has been actively interviewing to hire about 100 people for records verification. FBI has recently announced they will be hiring a lot too for various positions, although currently I don't see any listings for the local office. Maybe they haven't been posted yet. SBA often hires. I don't see too many postings for Social Security, but it could happen. Just have to keep tabs on the openings and apply when they do open.

Same with other levels of gov't too.

Private sector, Wegmans and Geico have been mentioned. We also have some banks, HSBC, M&T, Key Bank... a couple others. Not sure if any are hiring with the current situation with banks, and I know HSBC laid off a bunch of mortgage processors recently... but they are always possibilities too.

Beyond that, try some smaller businesses.

Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:54 PM

275 posts, read 469,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
In any job and in real life it's who you know, if they tell you something different i college, they are lying to you.................... I assure you
i know that and thats why i said in my post that its like how most places are, its who you know ect. and no, they dont tell us something different in college, its called networking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area