Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 10:18 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,216,361 times

Advertisements

After living so long with Dunn Tire Park, how long will it take before "Coca~Cola Field" sinks in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 PM

137 posts, read 316,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
After living so long with Dunn Tire Park, how long will it take before "Coca~Cola Field" sinks in?
Ha, I don't care how many times they change the name it is still Pilot Field to me!

Old 12-29-2008, 11:17 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,350,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
When I first found out that this was the new name for the Downtown Ballpark (-always IMO ), I laughed and thought it was horrendous. Ah well, from Pilot Field, to the Downtown Ballpark, to Americare Park, Dunn Tire Park, and finally Coca-Cola Field, it will always be known as the Downtown Ballpark - my favorite and easy to remember , and its got a nice ring to it to show off to out-of-towners . Let's go Buffalo! - regardless of the name .

Old 12-29-2008, 11:22 PM

137 posts, read 316,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
When I first found out that this was the new name for the Downtown Ballpark (-always IMO ), I laughed and thought it was horrendous. Ah well, from Pilot Field, to the Downtown Ballpark, to Americare Park, Dunn Tire Park, and finally Coca-Cola Field, it will always be known as the Downtown Ballpark - my favorite and easy to remember , and its got a nice ring to it to show off to out-of-towners . Let's go Buffalo! - regardless of the name .
Downtown ballpark? Weird I didnt even know it was ever named that. I knew all the others. I still like Pilot field because when I was little and went to alot more games that is what it was called.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineFromBuffalo View Post
Downtown ballpark? Weird I didnt even know it was ever named that. I knew all the others. I still like Pilot field because when I was little and went to alot more games that is what it was called.
For a number of years people just referred to the park as the Downtown Ballpark, and soon the name caught on...I believe that was the name for quite a few years interceding before Dunn Tire Park...I could be mistaken though. Time to Google it.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 AM

259 posts, read 888,965 times
Well I would have Liked "New Era Field" with Coca Cola we finally have a major internationally known name on the ballpark. I don't think Coke is going anywhere anytime soon and I hope that Coca Cola field at 1 James D. Griffin plaza stays and pays for a long long time.
I think that "Downtown ballpark" was what it was called during construction before Pilot Air freight came in with its name. Much like HSBC was called "Cross Roads Arena" during construction. "Downtown Ballpark" might have briefly been used during gaps in naming rights.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:51 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,216,361 times
With having its sponsor as "Coca~Cola" that means no more Pepsi products. I'd have prefered "Bison Field", but such is life.

Though having a big-league sponsor like Coca~Cola in downtown might add to the attention of baseball in Buffalo. Here's hoping.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockwalliper View Post
Well I would have Liked "New Era Field" with Coca Cola we finally have a major internationally known name on the ballpark. I don't think Coke is going anywhere anytime soon and I hope that Coca Cola field at 1 James D. Griffin plaza stays and pays for a long long time.
I think that "Downtown ballpark" was what it was called during construction before Pilot Air freight came in with its name. Much like HSBC was called "Cross Roads Arena" during construction. "Downtown Ballpark" might have briefly been used during gaps in naming rights.
Interesting stuff there, Dock.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:50 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,704,947 times
Will always be Piolt Field to me also.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 AM

Love the new logo though, corresponding with the Mets - no longer with Cleveland...

New team, new logo, new name for the field, and a new year, but, the same city and the same chant.

Lets Go Buffalo! - I'll never get tired of that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area