Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:19 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,811,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingweasel View Post
I just moved to Amherst today. I'm kind of a little lost as in where everything is!

I have a couple of questions maybe some of you could help me out with.
I'm staying near UB North, Sweet home road. How would I go about venturing into Downtown Buffalo? Is there any public transport I could take as I'm without a car right now and for a couple of months most likely.

Thank in advance
Are you a UB student? If so, get the schedule for the Stampede. It is the UB bus that runds from the campus to South Campus. There are many variations on where it runs. Used to be free when I was a grad student on a 2nd masters in the 1980s. I imagine it still is. Easy and they run often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 PM

26 posts, read 82,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Elmwood is obviously in the city of Buffalo, but about 2 miles out of the downtown corridor. Nice area though! Enjoy! I hope you will be able to find your way around, it can be tricky at first.
Not obvious to me! But good to know, thanks for that. I didn't make it there, I guess the buses on the weekend run a slower schedule. I'll head over there next week. Got myself a bit better acquainted with the public transport so should be a bit easier.

Thanks again to everyone for the replies.

Hope you are all doing well

Old 04-04-2009, 10:12 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,346,562 times
Quote:
Not obvious to me!
Woops! I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so strict I just thought you knew that... Lol, looks like you do need some serious directive help on the region's access and transportation. Good idea coming to a forum like this! You'll be sure to get advice to what you are looking for, don't hesitate to ask!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Woops! I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so strict I just thought you knew that... Lol, looks like you do need some serious directive help on the region's access and transportation. Good idea coming to a forum like this! You'll be sure to get advice to what you are looking for, don't hesitate to ask!

Hey Buffalonian4life,

I just noticed your reply, sorry it's been so long. I hope you didn't think I was trying to sound mean or anything by that, I really wasn't

Thanks for all the advice, it was really helpful. I'm starting to find my way around better now. I guess it's a trial and error type of thing! Lots of errors by me hehe, I'm finally finding my feet now though.

Thanks again

Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Hey Buffalonian4life,

I just noticed your reply, sorry it's been so long. I hope you didn't think I was trying to sound mean or anything by that, I really wasn't

Thanks for all the advice, it was really helpful. I'm starting to find my way around better now. I guess it's a trial and error type of thing! Lots of errors by me hehe, I'm finally finding my feet now though.

Thanks again
Oh phew... lol

Glad to hear you are finding your way around a little better now! I hope you're enjoying the area. Spring is in full bloom too, take full advantage of it when you can!

Cheers~

Old 05-01-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Oh phew... lol

Glad to hear you are finding your way around a little better now! I hope you're enjoying the area. Spring is in full bloom too, take full advantage of it when you can!

Cheers~
Thanks Yup, yay for spring! I even got my drivers license sorted so will be driving once I can afford a car! Thanks again for all the advice

Old 05-01-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks Yup, yay for spring! I even got my drivers license sorted so will be driving once I can afford a car! Thanks again for all the advice
Congrats! In the meantime, public transportation in the Buffalo area should be adequate for your needs. Anymore questions are always welcome on this forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area