Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 PM

3 posts, read 8,796 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys

While searching around the internet I stumbled across this site and saw some really good advice so figured I would join.
Anyway Me and My wife are in the process of house hunting, My wife is from Lancaster NY and I am Originally from England, ive been here almost 3 years now and for most of that time we've lived on a quiet street in North Buffalo in an apartment.
We're now buying a house ( with the market the way it is, interest rates low and the tax credit, we'd be stupid not to !! ) and our budget is around the $75,000 - $100,000 range, we're trying to stay in North Buffalo / Kenmore / Amherst / Tonawanda area and have been noticing that houses in our range in these areas are going pretty quickly.
Anyway we've found a nice house, priced well that would suit us, its on W Hazeltine / Elmwood avenue in Kenmore and I was wondering if anyone had any input, my thing is I don't want to be anywhere near the Military end of Kenmore Village, but this is the Elmwood end of W Hazeltine and seems to be a pretty nice street, does anyone have any input on the area, any advice as to if it's a nice Area ?
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 05:31 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,857,403 times
I had a friend that lived there ... many years ago - enjoyed it very very much!!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:52 AM

259 posts, read 888,763 times
I have a niece that lives in that neighborhood and is very happy there.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:02 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,630 times
Hazeltine is close to Kenmore Ave. It seems to be less attractive then the streets deeper into Kenmore. The houses for sale in the Kenmore area between Elmwood and Delaware are moving quick and for mostly the 120's or more.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 PM

Yeah we've been advised to stay away from that Street, getting a little shaky .
Oh well keep looking I guess !!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:27 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,630 times
I looked at 6 houses in Kenmore tonight with a realtor and they all stunk

Old 04-24-2009, 07:03 PM

Sorry man, We're still looking ourselves...saw two tonight one in Amherst. one if Tonawanda ( Parker ) great houses, taxes in Amherst worry me as they keep being re-assessed.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:38 PM

15 posts, read 47,119 times
You guys are probably looking at the same houses I am. I live in Florida but am relocating to Buffalo. I flew up there this past weekend to house-hunt, and I was all over Kenmore, especially every Sunday open house. I bid on one house on Euclid off Colvin, but it already had multiple offers after the open house Sunday. There is also a very interesting house on Parkwood. (2 houses from Colvin). Beautiful street, and the house has a lot of potential, but it needs work. It's listed at 84K and the owner is motivated and accepting offers. However, this house would stress me out with the work it needs because I don't have that know-how. But for someone who does, this house has potential and with some work put into it....... if ever put back on the market I think people would jump on it. Argonne, my favorite street, the houses are pricey, and the one that one reasonably priced went before I could get up there to see it. Now I'm looking closer to the Tonawanda area even though I love that certain part of Kenmore. Good luck.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:03 PM

93,388 posts, read 124,009,048 times
What about the Cleveland Hill area of Cheektowaga or the better part of the Riverside/Black Rock area?

Old 05-21-2009, 11:03 PM

161 posts, read 703,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfarty69 View Post
our budget is around the $75,000 - $100,000 range, we're trying to stay in North Buffalo / Kenmore / Amherst / Tonawanda area and have been noticing that houses in our range in these areas are going pretty quickly.
Anyway we've found a nice house, priced well that would suit us, its on W Hazeltine / Elmwood avenue in Kenmore and I was wondering if anyone had any input, my thing is I don't want to be anywhere near the Military end of Kenmore Village, but this is the Elmwood end of W Hazeltine and seems to be a pretty nice street, does anyone have any input on the area, any advice as to if it's a nice Area ?
Thanks in advance.
From what I know, you have to move fast in Kenmore. It's still a pretty popular place to live. Houses in the Village are harder to come by, and those between Colvin and Delaware seem to go fastest. Try to find a realtor that specializes in the neighborhood and knows what's what, who can hopefully let you know what's about to go on the market so you can be ready to make a move.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area