Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 AM

231 posts, read 626,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Girl WNY View Post
The neighborhoods in Depew are extremely safe. I've lived here most of my life and never even realized the Chosen Few had a club house in Old Depew (it's on Main near Penora) until one of my friends pointed it out. You'll find bikers parked outside bars all the time but unless you're involved in their internal affairs, they won't ever bother you. Since the CF took over that area, a lot of my friends have even commented how much quieter Main Street has become.

I'm a young woman in my twenties and walk through Depew all the time. And if something did happen, I'd feel just as comfortable running to a biker for help as a policeman. The biker gangs aren't harrassing regular people on the street.

Thats a very good point. I've been harrassed by police officers, but never by a biker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 03:10 PM

450 posts, read 1,059,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacques View Post
I came across an article. Apparently theres a biker gang in Depew - The Cosen Few? From the news article it was saying they're a volent biker gang, but then I came accross some posting from various people that gang memebers aren't really that bad?? Anyone know what esactly they were arrested for? I guess according to the article members of their rival gang - Kingsmen - were arrested as well. Can someone fill me in as to what happened. Is this something I should really be aware of if/when I move to Buffalo?
The Chosen Few used to park their sorry butts at Doles Park (corner of William St. and Fillmore Ave.), which I don't think is even there anymore. They would park their butts because most of them were "walkers" which means no bike, only "colors" and a chain drive wallet. They would regularly get into fights under the Howard St. at Fillmore Ave. railroad overpass, as decrepit as that was. A lot of them were Ukrainian kids from the neighborhood or Walden/ Bailey neighborhood. I thought they might pass into history when that one got killed out at Lancaster Speedway a number of years ago. I think the police at old Precinct #8 just kind of ignored them as long as they kept it amongst themselves. Of course, so much of the time the "boys in blue" were busy at the satellite station--Dubels Tavern on Oneida and Smith St.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area