Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:31 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,213,945 times

Advertisements

Of all the news coverage on Ralph Wilson today, no one said anything about this "hall of famer" enjoying the years of corporate welfare paid for by the taxpayers of Erie County, NY. I don't understand how this guy can get a hall of fame status when we, the taxpayers, have financially kept his pro football stadium afloat.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:03 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,348,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Of all the news coverage on Ralph Wilson today, no one said anything about this "hall of famer" enjoying the years of corporate welfare paid for by the taxpayers of Erie County, NY. I don't understand how this guy can get a hall of fame status when we, the taxpayers, have financially kept his pro football stadium afloat.
Oh and whats a couple bucks!? It's life!

Old 08-08-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Oh and whats a couple bucks!? It's life!
Yes, excessive taxation in New York is a way of life, it doesn't mean everyone has to be happy about it because a handful of bills fans on this forum think it's okay.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,434 times
Quote:
I bought a new Bills license plate frame this morning ... made in Buffalo. This is an excellent example of the trickle down effect the Bills have in WNY.

Ralph got to the hall of fame by doing great things for the league And for the City of Buffalo. The amount of money the man has donated is staggering... i.e. the research that contributed to the treatment that helped Kevin Everett.

Excellent thread by the way there fedup...

Over 53,000 season tickets sold... that is quite the support!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
I bought a new Bills license plate frame this morning ... made in Buffalo. This is an excellent example of the trickle down effect the Bills have in WNY.

Ralph got to the hall of fame by doing great things for the league And for the City of Buffalo. The amount of money the man has donated is staggering... i.e. the research that contributed to the treatment that helped Kevin Everett.

Excellent thread by the way there fedup...

Over 53,000 season tickets sold... that is quite the support!
Outside of football, what has Ralph Wilson done for Buffalo (with a stadium out in Orchard Park)? Inside of football, what else has Ralph Wilson done (you said "great things", what great things?) but put his hand out to get more money from the taxpayers in Erie County. This Hall of Fame thing was the local media's cater to tailgating vs. "holding people accountable". Local news channels have ignored the taxpayers' role in financially supporting the pro football stadium of a (now) "Hall of Famer" for so many years.

Yeah, I said a handful of Bills supporters who support taxing everyone in an over-taxed county so they can begin tailgating at 9am for 7 games a year. Ralph Wilson gets a great welfare check and becomes "man of the year" like status. It's enough to make me barf! You carry your opinions, I have mine! Bills fans want everyone to pay for their enjoyment, yet when someone disagrees, you see the natiness that comes out in people.

To me, Ralph Wilson is (now) Hall of Famer Welfare. He gets high status in the pro football world, and the hard working taxpayers of Erie County have to pay EVERY CENT FOR THE STADIUM WITH HIS NAME ON THE TOP!

A handful of people here can't see corporate welfare. I saw the news the other day, 2 people were shot dead in the streets of Buffalo, but our local news made the "TO" tv show as their top news story. The Bills aren't a football team, they are what local news makes as an illness. With Ralph Wilson in the HoF, he becomes more important than crime in the city, it's an illness in priorities in Erie County, except they'll never spell out C-O-R-P-O-R-A-T-E W-E-L-F-A-R-E for viewers to understand as reality.

You bought a new plate for a football team, (whooooopie) Ralph Wilson gets a peice of the "welfare pie", just wondering T&C, how many dinners were provided at the city mission this week? No food for the homeless, but Ralph Wilson get his welfare and HoF status. If only Bills fans could see that starving children should be the small price to pay instead of a losing football team for fans to get drunk 5 hours before the team takes the field. Today's biggest media event was millionaire Ralph Wilson standing in the welfare line. next year the Bills will get the same, if not more (forced) from the taxpayers of Erie County, new York.!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:20 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,299 times
A $15 license plate frame is worth selling out Buffalo for

I bet it was made in China, could you post the the made in Buffalo sign on the package?

I'm kind of sick of this topic specifically being brought up, but I could honestly write pages on how money is wasted here in WNY, and of course, it's all the taxpayers' money.

Enjoy your license plate frame!

Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 PM

The news spent two days making the HoF it's top story, it's been HYPE TO THE 9TH DEGREE. Tonight WNY went under a thunderstorm warning and one local channel lost their feed to the football game, the "news" of that channel went live to "apologize" for losing the feed which interupted a pre-season game for a second time. Ron Plants quote: ""We apologize again"". How much more should the people be brainwashed into thinking the Buffalo Bills are more important than a storm warning?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 AM

185 posts, read 418,514 times
but you dont like Football so why comment on it?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:45 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,717,534 times
Quote:
Its not mentioned in the news becuase the public paying for stadiums and supporitng teams is common. This is not a Buffalo issue. It happens everywhere.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:09 AM

259 posts, read 454,963 times
Quote:

Maybe he should move the team to Toronto and really give you something to complain about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area