Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:42 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,214,396 times

Advertisements

The Primary is between Mayor Brown & Councilman Kearns in the city of Buffalo. Share opinions of who is better for the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,506 times
I would rather an upturned broom with a bucket for a head than Byron Brown. Brown is an outright terrible mayor, obviously Mickey Kearns. You literally could not get an worse than Byron Brown, Eliot Spitzer is a better politician than he is.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:42 PM

I have to agree with you there, aside from a media-blitz sex scandal d'jour, Spitzer knew how to play inside the political arena, but wasn't a hack about it. He'd have been an outstanding governor for NYS if the media (opinions we call "news") didn't tear him apart.

Back to the OP topic though. Brown was a senator before he was Mayor, Mickey came into the common council from the private sector. Mickey's looking to clean up city hall, this has fear tactics coming from the Brown campaign. The latest ad tells lies of Brown's accomplishments. Even if he did put more cops on the streets, Mayor Brown has never honored their contract of giving the bravest of Buffalo what they are due, yet they still go out everyday and do their job. Mickey's first order of business, an audit of every department in the city if elected.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 AM

Did you notice that Byron Brown's TV ad has a police car turning in the background behind him, which was obviously staged. Byron Brown isn't allowed to use the police for his personal gain unless he paid them out of his pocket to do that (have the car turn behind him). I would be curious if he did that lawfully, I am seriously considering calling WBEN, because they actually investigate stories, I've never called a tip in, but anything that hurts Byron Brown is good in my eyes.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:44 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
I would rather an upturned broom with a bucket for a head than Byron Brown. Brown is an outright terrible mayor, obviously Mickey Kearns. You literally could not get an worse than Byron Brown, Eliot Spitzer is a better politician than he is.
Hey i liked Spitzer not the best guy out there. and hey guy he had a call girl. i wouldn't doubt that if u ask 10 guys who had that kind of money 9 outta the 10 would do it. So yeah Spitzer is waaay better than paterson and Byron Brown....
Down with Brown he gives me a frown

Old 09-08-2009, 02:56 PM

Good slogan. I can't stand Spitzer, he is a scummy man, probably very corrupt, actually, a very good representation of New York as a whole.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:22 PM

268 posts, read 1,050,203 times
I say Brown has had his chance - and seems like he didn't do much with it, so let's give Kearns a try.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwynn View Post
I say Brown has had his chance - and seems like he didn't do much with it, so let's give Kearns a try.
And I heard that Byron Brown intervened on an arrest to help one of his buddies.

There are a lot of allegations being thrown at him, he won't even answer to them, he just screams at the people interviewing him saying he did nothing wrong, and won't explain irregularities. What's worse? He is accused of serious wrongdoings, and he blames his political rivals of making them up. If they were making them up, wouldn't they be easy to answer to?

Byron Brown is a seriously corrupt man, and I hope to hear that he lost his primary. He is bad for our city and deserves to be kicked out, I only hope that Buffalo gets what it needs.

I don't think Mickey Kearns is some savior, but by being "anyone but Byron Brown" he gets my support.

The odd thing is that according to today's poll 87% of Blacks will support him, despite the awful job he did. Proves that race is more import than results for some, which is a true tragedy after Martin Luther King died to convince people to evaluate people by the content of the character rather than the color of their skin. It is a tragedy that 87% of Buffalo embrace racism in it's purest form.

TL;DR, support Mickey Kearns, regardless of skin color, Byron Brown has screwed up, and doesn't deserve a second shot. He claims to have good ideas to bring people back into Buffalo. Really? If he did why did nearly 10,000 leave Buffalo on his watch?

Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
09-06-2009 Eliot Spitzer is a better politician than he is.
Quote:
09-08-09 I can't stand Spitzer, he is a scummy man,
Canerican, are you Jackel or are you Hyde today?

Old 09-09-2009, 05:22 AM

How are those two things not compatible? I think Eliot Spitzer is a better politician than Byron Brown, but I still can't stand the man.

Get it now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area