Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote!
Yes 13 61.90%
No 6 28.57%
Maybe 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 05:09 PM

1,293 posts, read 4,996,709 times

Advertisements

This is actually to compliment the "Would you move out of Buffalo" thread. I am equally curious. If you were given a generous job offer, yada yada yada, would you move back to Buffalo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 05:46 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,977 times
I would consider a move to Buffalo if I could land a good job, particularly in urban planning (no joke, that really is the field I am going into). I have never resided in the area though.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:39 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,346,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I would consider a move to Buffalo if I could land a good job, particularly in urban planning (no joke, that really is the field I am going into). I have never resided in the area though.
Time to quit teaching and start moving! Buffalo screams for you! I just might see you on the planning board!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,977 times
Yeah, I got tired of teaching and am back in grad school for urban planning. As I mentioned in previous posts, the only reason why I didn't apply to UB is because their urban planning program is located in a former asylum and I don't feel comfortable about that. Otherwise I could very well have been on my way to study in the City of Good Neighbors. There's always the future .

Old 09-16-2009, 08:42 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,257 times
You should have made the votes public so that you can tell if the votes are being swayed by people who already live here. If you make it public, you don't have that issue.

For the record, I did not, and will not vote...

Old 09-17-2009, 09:48 AM

623 posts, read 1,816,737 times
Well I am from Syracuse, and after experiencing the utopia that is Las Vegas we moved back "home" and there has not been a day that I have regretted it

Old 09-17-2009, 10:33 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,543,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
Well I am from Syracuse, and after experiencing the utopia that is Las Vegas we moved back "home" and there has not been a day that I have regretted it
I'm not originally from Buffalo though I am from this general part of the US. I moved away to Texas & Colorado. While I did enjoy my time in those states I have never regretted moving back to the Northeastern US & have specifically enjoyed my time in the Buffalo area.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:43 AM

623 posts, read 1,816,737 times
The only part about moving back that worried me is as a self employed IT consultant I was afraid I wouldnt be able to make enough to support my family on, the saving grace being I sold our house there for a slight profit and sold my business there for a decent chunk of change so I knew I had time to develop a client base.

Quality of life is much better here, dont have to worry about my (now) 7 year old boy asking what the billboards with the scantly clad women say or hearing gun shots on a nightly basis. If I were single or a dead beat father I probably would have enjoyed Vegas more but there was really nothing for me there--I dont gamble, dont do drugs or drink (aside from socially), and not a big fan of the heat. It was, in hindsight, a mistake moving away but it did teach me how to start and run a successful business so I am happy for that

Old 09-17-2009, 11:37 AM

101 posts, read 247,700 times
If the hubby could only tolerate the winters, we'd be back in a heartbeat. I have to give him credit, he stuck it out for 5 years before he just could take being sick every winter, almost all winter long.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:29 PM

79 posts, read 258,556 times
I would consider moving back to WNY. I've lived away for 3 years now and I miss my family & friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area