Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:23 PM

70 posts, read 178,949 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah, you forgot to mention the economical impact the Buffalo Bills games have on Buffalo. You know how many people come from Rochester, Syracuse, Erie PA, Toronto to come watch the Bills play. If Buffalo loses the bills, the economy will be hit hard. It also brings in a lot of tax revenue. It is a common mistake that people fail to recognize similar to the fact that people think all the Upstate tax money goes to NYC. That is absolutely incorrect. A huge chunk of the tax money comes from NYC. NYC metro is 18 million plus. There is no way that upstate pays for things in NYC especially when taxes are much higher down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 08:32 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,211,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schayban88 View Post
I was referring to your user name and canerican I was not referring to you. Anyways that is the one problem we have in New York State, people here are way too negative and complain about anything and everything.
I'm one of the most positive persons in this forum when it comes to the city of Buffalo. I dislike a waste of taxpayers' money and if that's what you see as negative, then so be it. The waste in Erie County runs much deeper than football fans and their self-inflated "pride" of a football team that can't win it's way out of a paper bag. My ideas of Buffalo pride isn't based on the Bills, beer drinking & tailgate parties so we can cheer "our hometown team" into last place for another season, and the taxes we pay for them keeps increasing. It's not negative, it's fact.

Quote:
If you go down south everyone talks so good about there areas even if it might be the highest crime area in the country, they still will talk good about their area. You put on the news and you here the news channels bashing on Buffalo, "3rd poorest city in the country." What they fail to mention is there are several other cities that are tied with Buffalo such as Miami, Kansas City, Cincinnati and so on. I'm so sick of all these whiners in New York State, people need to start being more positive and maybe taxes are so high because they are sick of listening to people complain about things like you are. We need this, we need that, do this and do that, they are elected for a reason, don't vote someone in if all you are going to do is complain.
I thought you said you weren't referring to Can?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:39 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schayban88 View Post
[P]eople need to start being more positive and maybe taxes are so high because they are sick of listening to people complain about things like you are. We need this, we need that, do this and do that, they are elected for a reason, don't vote someone in if all you are going to do is complain.
Taxes are high because people complain about high taxes... You know, it normally goes the opposite direction.

Quote:
You put on the news and you here the news channels bashing on Buffalo, "3rd poorest city in the country." What they fail to mention is there are several other cities that are tied with Buffalo such as Miami, Kansas City, Cincinnati and so on.
We're not the 3rd worst city, we're tied for 3rd worst... So take that!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:33 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,367,224 times
7 or 8 tax dollars a year per person in taxation is cheap to have one of only 32 NFL teams... I'm waiting for the beaten women/starving children comments... Not only are the Bills a part of Buffalo heritage since 1960 and before that but they bring A Lot of people together universally.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
but they bring A Lot of people together universally.
millions of dollars paid each year for fans to feel "togetherness" about a team that could be (should be) paying their own way?

Old 10-10-2009, 02:49 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
millions of dollars paid each year for fans to feel "togetherness" about a team that could be (should be) paying their own way?
maybe Rush Limbaugh will buy the bills if his Rams deal falls thru

Old 10-10-2009, 01:50 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
maybe Rush Limbaugh will buy the bills if his Rams deal falls thru
That would make me the Bills #1 fan!

Old 10-10-2009, 06:28 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,367,224 times
The ultimate Bills fan... its how we go...

Devotion makes case for Bills greatest fan : Buffalo Bills : The Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/823353.html - broken link)

"It's just being part of the excitement," he said. "It's like going to a concert. You have to be there. The bright lights, the noises on the field, the great players. Who'd want to miss those games?"

Elaine Nydahl cited the family tradition, going back 50 years to her husband's childhood, that fuels his passion for the games.

"I went with him when the team was 2-14, and we didn't leave early," she said. "We have a team in Buffalo. That's our team, and that's what you do."

Old 10-10-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
I don't always agree with you Can, but this I do.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:37 AM

54 posts, read 149,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
I wouldnt proclaim something like that with pride. Not only because Rush is an idiot, but by saying that it shows that you are an easily led individual. You love or hate something based on someone elses opinion of it... thats a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area