Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 8,664 times

Advertisements

I am planning to pass into Canada from a Buffalo border crossing on Christmas eve (at 7:30 PM) to spend a few days with family, and was wondering if advice could be offered regarding:

- how horrible an idea this is (the border crossing parameters outlined, not the spending of time with family )
- what crossing (of the three or four??) would most likely get me through quickest
- roughly how long I should assume it will take

I generally fly directly to Toronto, but am really squeezed for money this year and the difference in coach ticket prices (for 3 people) for flights between NC and Toronto vs NC and Buffalo is about $700 (usually it is $100-$200 which has always seemed worth it).

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 04:26 PM

205 posts, read 479,378 times
I believe US Customs is closed on Christmas.

You can visit: Service Port - Buffalo

Call them and ask if it's possible and what you'll need to make sure you don't get stuck at the border.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:47 AM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,217,522 times
I see the signs for bridge delay times every day on my way into work.

The Lewiston/Queenston bridge always has the longest delays.

This of course may mean nothing on a holiday.

I have found that the rainbow bridge is usually fairly traffic free.

I don't go to Canada anymore, since I don't have a Passport, so I haven't been over in about a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: