Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,978 times

Advertisements

I plan to move to Niagara Falls for work and would like some opinions on where to rent. I will be working at the Niagara Falls Memorial Med Center and wish to live no more than 30-40 min away. I am in my late 20s and would like to live in a safe area with great places to eat and hopefully not too far away from some form of nightlife for my age group.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 07:04 PM

185 posts, read 418,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda29 View Post
I plan to move to Niagara Falls for work and would like some opinions on where to rent. I will be working at the Niagara Falls Memorial Med Center and wish to live no more than 30-40 min away. I am in my late 20s and would like to live in a safe area with great places to eat and hopefully not too far away from some form of nightlife for my age group.

Thank you
Sanborn, Amherst, East Amherst, Clarence, Lewiston, any suburb in Niagara County or the Suburbs of Northern and Eastern Erie County should be fine

Old 04-22-2010, 03:09 PM

93,231 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Lockport might be a good location if you want to check out the scene in Niagara Falls(mostly on the Canadian side, I'd imagine) or the Buffalo scene. Lockport might also have a little bit going on as well.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:32 PM

504 posts, read 1,493,113 times
I would recommend Amherst, Kenmore or Tonawanda. All are within 30 minutes drive to Niagara Falls and are relatively close to good restaurants and nightlife. Living in the city of Buffalo would put you even closer to the best restaurants and nightlife, and you'd still be within 30 minutes to NF, but it sounds like you may be more interested in a suburban area. In Kenmore and Amherst you'll be nearby the city's nightlife districts but not right in them.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:33 PM

93,231 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrows View Post
I would recommend Amherst, Kenmore or Tonawanda. All are within 30 minutes drive to Niagara Falls and are relatively close to good restaurants and nightlife. Living in the city of Buffalo would put you even closer to the best restaurants and nightlife, and you'd still be within 30 minutes to NF, but it sounds like you may be more interested in a suburban area. In Kenmore and Amherst you'll be nearby the city's nightlife districts but not right in them.
True and I believe that Kenmore has a few things to do as well in terms of nightlife. So, that might be perfect.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 PM

744 posts, read 1,767,571 times
It would be depressing to work in Lewiston but not be able to live there.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:29 PM

69 posts, read 187,439 times
Much easier to live in Lewiston and have fun in Ontario, just over the border. Kenmore is about a 20 minute drive from NF, depending on bridge traffic. If you don't want to deal with the GI bridges, which are effected by commuter and traveler/weekend traffic, stay over on the Lewiston side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda29 View Post

Thank you

Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,968 times
Lewiston is gorgeous!!!!! pricey though if you want something really nice ..... It's quaint - is that what you are looking for specifically? Whats your main priority in regard to living in an area? land? convenience? suburbia? schooling? city living? Narrow that down and we can help you even further..

Old 04-29-2010, 01:00 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,997,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
Lewiston is gorgeous!!!!! pricey though if you want something really nice ..... It's quaint - is that what you are looking for specifically? Whats your main priority in regard to living in an area? land? convenience? suburbia? schooling? city living? Narrow that down and we can help you even further..
I agree with Lewiston, absolutely gorgeous town. Close to the water. Nice clean town with nice natural features, plus you are close to the Falls and Canada. Youngstown is a nice area as well. The parkway aides in helping people get around, so if you want to zip out to the falls you can get there in a short amount of time. PLENTY to do in that area. You have more parks than you can count around there. Shopping is close by in the Falls. You could walk around Niagara Falls, Canada all day and not get to all the little shops.

While Lockport is a good community, if you plan on working in Niagara Falls, I would not recommend it. Most people take Lockport RD into the falls. It gets slow during rush hour times. I would guess the actual drive time could be closer to an hour one way, but it depends on where exactly you live and work.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:31 AM

744 posts, read 1,767,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese9988 View Post

While Lockport is a good community, if you plan on working in Niagara Falls, I would not recommend it. Most people take Lockport RD into the falls. It gets slow during rush hour times. I would guess the actual drive time could be closer to an hour one way, but it depends on where exactly you live and work.
30 minutes tops from Lockport City Hall to the Rainbow Bridge it's only 21 miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area