Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 AM

19 posts, read 48,434 times

Advertisements

hi everyone, does anyone have any suggestions on great places to watch the fireworks in the burlington and greater burlington areas?....also what's the deal with july 4th being celebrated on july 3rd in some places and july 4th in others?.....also, does anyone know if the fireworks by the lake in burlington will be held this year on july 3rd or july 4th?....if you don't get the correct date, you can miss the whole fireworks display all together and that would be quite a bummer....any feedback would be terrific as i'm just trying to get in the spirit of the 4th and figure this stuff out....thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 09:40 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,668,900 times
Burlington always celebrates the 4th on the 3rd. I am in the same boat, never heard of the fourth celebrated on another day. I've been here so long I am used to it now. Get down there early and find a place to park for free. They are charging for parking and if you need to take a bus from the lot to the waterfront, you will have to pay for that as well.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:38 AM

19 posts, read 48,434 times
thanks for the info 68vette....i was there for the 4th.....on the 3rd.....lol......and had a nice time by the water.....terrific fireworks display and then washed it down with a couple of switchbacks and pizza at ken's on church st.....also, arrived early and got lucky with a nice free parking spot only a few blocks from the waterfront.....and somehow we also got to sit at the waterfront on the wood swinging benches as well, right up front by the water!.....so we were pretty lucky except we wound up somehow sitting next to a middle aged lonely visitor from the west coast who clinged to us after the display all the way back up to the church street marketplace.....he was a very nice guy and we talked with him for quite a while, but vacationing by yourself can be lonely i guess......at the end he slinked away claiming he was going to go hunt for some punanny!!...lol

Old 07-15-2010, 07:59 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,148,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHENOM5 View Post
terrific fireworks display and then washed it down with a couple of switchbacks and pizza at ken's on church st
the kens atmosphere, maybe the wood and paneling, is like going back to the 70's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
View detailed profiles of: