Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:43 PM

319 posts, read 963,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flu189 View Post
The biggest initial difference someone moving to Burlington from Manchester will notice will be on how much less traffic and development there is here. I have worked and gone to school in Manchester, be it several decades ago, but still have family in Manchester itself and everytime I go down for a visit it just amazes me on how much things continue to change. People here will say that the shopping in Williston at Tafts Corners and Maple Tree Place is large and crowded. Compared to the shopping in Manchester/Bedford/Hooksett and traffic it generates you will find it much smaller and more relaxed here. Another major difference is that the towns surrounding Burlington versus the towns surrounding Manchester have no where near the amount of housing and business. The environs of Burlington are what the towns around Manchester were over 30 years ago. A final comparison on the difference in growth involves the airport. The new and ever growing complex in Manchester dwarfs Burlington's airport. Again, Burlington's airport which is fine and easy to access resembles more of what Grenier Field in Manchester was like minus the parking garage. The Burlington area to me is more pleasing for outdoor pursuits and quiet living, but Manchester has been very good to my inlaws as they are exclusively in the commercial construction field and have been in the Manchester area from the 1940s to the present.
ya the srawling subs of nh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 02:00 PM

119 posts, read 565,021 times
Less sunshine than you are used to seeing in Manchester. My daughter went to college in Manchester and was amazed at the difference!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT