Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:25 PM

15 posts, read 43,172 times

Advertisements

I don't have any intention of moving to Vermont any time soon, or at least for the next 4-5 years. However, I like to get my research done early, and I had a few questions for any locals of the Burlington area.

I ultimately would like to purchase a single family home, but thought it would be nice to simply rent an apartment for the first year, you know, get my feet wet in the city and such. However, whenever I search, I honestly cannot find any apartment complexes in the area. Maybe i'm doing something wrong but I can't find any information about any apartments at all. Knowing it's a college town, there has to be something, and I was just hoping anyone would have the links or the names of a few that I could check out.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 12:56 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,143,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaVoshell View Post
I don't have any intention of moving to Vermont any time soon, or at least for the next 4-5 years. However, I like to get my research done early, and I had a few questions for any locals of the Burlington area.

I ultimately would like to purchase a single family home, but thought it would be nice to simply rent an apartment for the first year, you know, get my feet wet in the city and such. However, whenever I search, I honestly cannot find any apartment complexes in the area. Maybe i'm doing something wrong but I can't find any information about any apartments at all. Knowing it's a college town, there has to be something, and I was just hoping anyone would have the links or the names of a few that I could check out.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!
I'm not surprised since virtually all apartments in Burlington are rented, so there's no need to advertise. Most people look in the Seven Days newspaper, although there aren't pictures and you don't know the area so it won't be a lot of help.

Seven Days | Vermont's Independent Voice

Maybe try South Burlington apartments online. It's a bit more suburban, but the city of Burlington is so tiny land-wise, you could be only a couple of minutes away in South Burlington. They'll have more apartment complexes than Burlington and be a bit cheaper.

Moderator cut: commenting on moderation not allowed per terms of service

Last edited by vter; 07-16-2009 at 01:06 PM..

Old 07-16-2009, 01:05 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,270,631 times
There really arent many apartment complexes in Burlington. Most apartments are located once single family homes that got divided up into apartments. There are some complexes though, but as mentioned above are located in the 'burbs. I know Larkin Realty has just built some on Allen Road in South Burlington.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:43 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,858,183 times
It's good you are starting your research early. Vermont has the distinction of having one of the tightest rental markets in the country and for the Burlington area also very pricey for what you get. Unfortunately there really is no indication that more rental housing will be built in quantity due of course to the economy and also in part to the strict zoning and regulatory environment up here. An interesting website which details Vermont's housing climate on an annual basis is housingawareness.org.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:15 PM

Thanks a lot! At least now it's more understandable, I was getting frustrated, I really just wanted to get an idea of some places. I do, however, intend on taking a vacation stay up there in late September-early October for 5 days or so, and i'm sure i'll get a much better idea when I do. Thanks again for those links!

Also, if anyone still does know of some actual complexes and maybe has the link to them, that would be great!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:39 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,143,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaVoshell View Post
Thanks a lot! At least now it's more understandable, I was getting frustrated, I really just wanted to get an idea of some places. I do, however, intend on taking a vacation stay up there in late September-early October for 5 days or so, and i'm sure i'll get a much better idea when I do. Thanks again for those links!

Also, if anyone still does know of some actual complexes and maybe has the link to them, that would be great!
Uh-oh. Coming to Vermont in late September and early October to see how life is here - exactly how many of us got suckered into living in this frozen wasteland. Maybe you should come in March.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:40 AM

You don't want me to enjoy it eh?
I've been dying to come in late autumn to New England for years. My father practically lived up there during his childhood and raves about it constantly, so I have to. Plus, after living here in Nashville for 4 years, i'm ready for a chill again. I grew up in Northern Michigan for 19 years, so this heat is painful!!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 AM

1,442 posts, read 6,501,045 times
There are plenty of apartments available in the Brattleboro area, if you don't mind commuting for 3 hours each way to Burlington!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:12 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,270,631 times
Larkin Realty - Rentals

Dorset Common Apartments Apartments for Rent South Burlington Vermont

Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 PM

90 posts, read 296,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
There really arent many apartment complexes in Burlington. Most apartments are located once single family homes that got divided up into apartments. There are some complexes though, but as mentioned above are located in the 'burbs. I know Larkin Realty has just built some on Allen Road in South Burlington.

I will second that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT