Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:16 PM

77,692 posts, read 59,834,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by giveitachance View Post
I am a current WFG member, however I am not active at the moment. So I totally understand where both sides are coming from.

When I first joined I was totally excited that I was going to be rich and that everything was going to come easily. But with any business you have to work at it. All my time was taken up my WFG meetings, conventions etc...but nothing was at all mandotory. I just wanted to be accepted by the others, especially the ones that we making alot of money lol.

I put alot into test fees (which is compeletly understandable and clear to me....I work at a bank and they are subject to the same fees) conventions and other lil stuff. It really began to put a damper into my funds. But the attitude that alot of the WFG associates had was "you can do it" everything was "you can do it". If I had to work on a day of a convention "just call off, you can do it" lol. It really started to get annoying.

See I can totally see how some people think that WFG is a cult. Because alot of the people at attend those meetings start to get a little weird and kinda crazy. Some people were just to intense for me. They would really act as if the world was spilt in two: there was us and them.

I still will continue with my WFG career and move forward but I hate that normal regular associates get put into the "pushy catergory" lol. I truly do want to help people and also get paid while doing it. I sometimes wish that there was a way to get people to see that WFG is a awesome company that does need some work (in my own personal opinon) and get WFG associates to realize that they don't/shouldn't be so damn weird and pushy.

All in all you can't hate the fact that WFG associates are looking for a different outlet other than their dead end jobs to become financially independent. I hope this helps someone.
So, how are you going to make money with WFG? What do you make or what service do you provide that brings in $$$? I mean....in a perfect world....HOW or WHAT would generate income for you. In your write-up the only business activities going on seemed to be you paying to go to their meetings. What am I missing?

Old 09-03-2007, 04:00 PM

5 posts, read 162,664 times
Ok lets put this to bed already shall we....
I am in WFG and I have been for almost 2 years now, my whole family is in WFG and are making substantial incomes. My sister in fact is hitting her 250,000 ring and she has only been in the WFG business opportunity for 4 years. A scam... give me a break. Who the hell are you guys to think this is a scam? How wealthy are any of you seriously... how educated are any of you seriously... Aegon has been around fr over 150 years and is worth over 400 BILLION dollars look it up on Forbes.com if you dont know what Forbes magazine is... dont bother even typing and trying to sound like a genius.

On another note... have any of you even looked at WFG? All you people that are calling it a scam... did you go read more BS on the internet or did you really go look at it... If i wanted to i could find a million bad comments on any car type that may fit into your "dream car" category, but would that make you less inclined to get a Porsche or Bentleys etc. Your buddy Brandon probably found some people that have vision and dont want to grow up to be bums... and shame on you for not being a good enough friend to even look at it...

Lastly I would like to end with asking a question to all you self proclaimed "experts" WFG has marketing alliances with 100's of companies that im sure all of you have heard of... companies like Prudencial, Pacific Life, Western Reserve Life, Transamerica and the list goes on...I think they did their homework on WFG before you braniacs did your 5 mins of BS research on the internet... so for all of you guys that put a negative spin on WFG before even looking at it shame on you and good luck to you... we dont need people like you... I wish your buddy Brandon luck and if i were you i would call him apologize and take a look at it before you lose your chance

Old 09-03-2007, 04:11 PM

5,640 posts, read 24,851,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, how are you going to make money with WFG? What do you make or what service do you provide that brings in $$$? I mean....in a perfect world....HOW or WHAT would generate income for you. In your write-up the only business activities going on seemed to be you paying to go to their meetings. What am I missing?
Here are answers I found online.

'World Financial Group (WFG) is a financial services marketing organization based in Duluth, Georgia, USA. WFG markets various investment, insurance, and mortgage products through its network of associates in the United States of America, and Canada.'

'WFG highlights they do not have products of their own, but are agents for major institutions. Proponents view this as an important factor in WFG's success as they are able to choose products for clients from an array of sources rather than from a single source, or their own.'

Also reported...

WFG Deceptive marketing, MLM style scam, recruitment-based rip-off, Unethical insurance sales and loan scam...

I have no personal experience but just did a little research because I was curious.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:28 PM

and once again you went "online" for the info.... please...

Old 09-04-2007, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFGTommy View Post
and once again you went "online" for the info.... please...
I asked specific questions about what you DO to make money....you skipped right over my question.....and jumped all over everyone else.

So, if it's not too much to ask, could you answer my questions about how one joins WFG and makes an income doing what? All I hear is that these people go to lots of meetings or seminars....no one here has said what you actually sell, produce or otherwise do to generate income.

P.S. Your sister cracked 250,000....is that in sales or income to her?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:39 AM

I Apologize let me answer your inquiry
there are over 22 ways to get paid...

The most popular are straight commision sales, some are renewals and trails on life insurance policies, another way is through overrides whether you are overriding your team or the brokers you have trained and developed.

And what we DO is very simple, we show people who have been ignored by the financial industry how to make and save money and properly protect their families for retirement. We do that through investments with top companies on wallstreet, we protect families with life insurance to make sure that if anything happens to a primary money maker in the family, they would not become destitute. Lastly, we do all this at no cost to the family we get paid by the companies we submit business for.

What we DO is not a simple answer because we DO EVERYTHING you can think of in the realm of finances for families.

and my sister made that through sitting down and securing peoples lives... thank you very much

What else do you need to know...?

Last edited by WFGTommy; 09-04-2007 at 12:28 PM..

Old 09-04-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFGTommy View Post
I Apologize let me answer your inquiry
there are over 22 ways to get paid...

The most popular are straight commision sales, some are renewals and trails on life insurance policies, another way is through overrides whether you are overriding your team or the brokers you have trained and developed.

And what we DO is very simple, we show people who have been ignored by the financial industry how to make and save money and properly protect their families for retirement. We do that through investments with top companies on wallstreet, we protect families with life insurance to make sure that if anything happens to a primary money maker in the family, they would not become destitute. Lastly, we do all this at no cost to the family we get paid by the companies we submit business for.

What we DO is not a simple answer because we DO EVERYTHING you can think of in the realm of finances for families.

and my sister made that through sitting down and securing peoples lives... thank you very much

What else do you need to know...?
Ok, so it's basically commission sales of insurance and other brokerage products as somewhat independent agents. (Not to limit it as such but talking in general terms.) This explains the comments an earlier poster made about licensing.

You missed my question asking if your sister's 250k was sales or income. (Since you brought it up earlier, I'm curious.)

<shrug> I don't know anything about WFG but it's a free country. I've seen people take much lower paying jobs at internet start-ups with hopes of getting rich....or quitting a stable job for a chance to make big money being a pro-golfer etc. so who am I to say.

P.S. Not to pick nits but the commissions you receive are paid for by the policy premiums....so the person buying the policy does pay your commission...just not directly.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:30 PM

3 posts, read 137,336 times
Wink Are you serious?

Has the thought crossed your mind that this may have nothing to do with his affiliation to WFG? He may be busy and he may not understand your decision but I'm thinking that you must NOT have been very good friends in the first place.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:32 PM

Smile It's a very legal business

World Financial Group is a very reputable firm. It is misunderstood because many people misunderstand the nature of the financial services business or the structure on which WFG is based - a multi-level marketing organization.
If you read the posts by people who have supposedly been ripped off...they never actually explain how. The reason for this is because they haven't been. When you get involved with WFG you learn up front that you have to work hard to earn money. Many people don't do the appropriate due diligence and assume that they are going to get rich for doing nothing. The reality in all these stories is that the people doing the posting are the ones who are looking for a "something for nothing" opportunity and we all know that those don't exist. So when they find out they have to actually do something to earn the money they freak out and start calling everyone a thief.
Companies that sell insurance and securities are highly regulated and many of them get fined. If you check out Merrill Lynch or any other company that sells securities you will find not only a large number of lawsuits but SEC fines as well. Multi-level marketing firms are very highly regulated and governed by the Attorney General of each state and somewhat by the FTC. A company that is an illegal pyramid or breaks any MLM laws will not be allowed to operate. WFG conforms to all the MLM laws and is very much a legal MLM company.
My take on these negative posts is that you should consider the source. If the person can't spell...like the one that said, "WFG stoll my money" it's very, very likely that they are the dumb ones. Aegon owns WFG and it also owns many of the large insurance companies whose ads you see on TV...they are a $280 Billion dollar company. Do you really think they would own an illegal pyramid? Please use your head and do your homework the right way and avoid the idiots who post nonsense on these sites.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What you're missing is the fact that in order to make money in WFG something has to be sold. It's a sales business. The products are insurance, securities and mortgages. Meetings DO NOT generate income...that would be illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business