U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 10:31 AM

517 posts, read 955,237 times

Advertisements

Hi...

I am looking for CPA/tax consultant or accountant who would help me with

- Starting a small business
- Tax strategies
- Filing taxes

I am looking for a long term relationship. Specifically looking for someone who is charging decent fees and appreciates budget minded clients.

Thanks so much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 04:06 PM

10,135 posts, read 24,432,577 times
That is a local task. Get someone in your own community. Don't even consider a person who you meet on the Internet. This is my business and I would not even think about counselling someone in another city. I've been doing this for almost 40 years and never have taken a client who is not local. Most everyone who would is suspect.

Post this in the C-D forum for where you live or where your business will be located. Ask for recommendations for an "independent CPA knowledgable in tax matters." Only engage this person on an hourly rate basis. Most CPA's will get you set up for free so they have an ongoing client. If you reallly need a business plan or other start up advice that he cannot provide, contact SCORE or similar organization.

Now, get out of here before you meet some scammer who, for the small sum of $______(it won't matter how much) will get you all set up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or