U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 08:31 AM

59 posts, read 87,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liloulou View Post
Excellent! The kind of work I do would rarely cause a lawsuit of sorts. But considering how litigious our society has become over the years, I suppose you can never be too secure.

I will look at those sites and set up an LLC then. Thanks! :-)
Unless you are doing something outside of the traditional home based (Mary Kay/MCA/AmeriPlan) type businesses, I would say no to going all out on an LLC. Why pay $250 a year JUST to have an INC., behind/ attached to your name when a simple, license from your state revenue will do? Having an INC or Limited Liability Corporation doesn't necessarily make your business look any more better than not having one. That's just not a good reason to spend an extra $250 or more to have one. Not having it saves you money that you could be spending on growing/improving your business and services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 10:27 PM

3 posts, read 2,082 times
Can anyone briefly explain how taxes would play out if I register as an LLC (roofing and siding sub)?

Old 06-17-2015, 12:09 AM

7,870 posts, read 3,436,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiester View Post
Can anyone briefly explain how taxes would play out if I register as an LLC (roofing and siding sub)?
Simplest way is that the LLC is single member (just you). In that case, the LLC is considered a "disregarded entity" by the IRS. You would calculate your business income as if you were a sole proprietor by filing schedule C with your 1040 return.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 861 times
I am currently a W-2 state contractor considering becoming either a 1099 or direct corp to corp vendor. There is an umbrella contract company and middle-man contractor companies that are direct vendors with the umbrella contract company. (hope that's not confusing) I'm considering breaking from the middle-man contract company because the are taking at least 30% off the top of my salary. Which option should I choose besides a 1099? LLC, S Corp or Corporation?
Thanks

p.s. I'm green to all this

Old 05-06-2016, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 570 times
Read this thread with interest and am hoping my quer below makes sense!!- can someone just advise that if a single member LLC was formed- for tax purposes would i then be better of being an 'employee' of my own LLC or a 'contractor' to the LLC?
The reason i ask is that in doing general research for our impending move to the US, i have hit a complete block with regards the requirements to 'prove income' for apartment rental, they all seem to be asking for 3 months pay stubs

Old 06-28-2016, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 478 times
I set myself up as a LLC but I only have one company that I do work for. I do Office Management for this company. Do I need to be a LLC or any other status of business, or would I just be better off as a sole proprietor, or self employed? What if any advantage do I have as a LLC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or