Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times

Advertisements

Looking for ways to make a little extra money. Wondering if you would pay for a dog poop pickup service that cleans poop otu your yard and also what you would pay per week for the service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
I wouldn't because I am more than capable to do it myself but some one who is cannot get around, elderly, or just lazy probably would go for such a service. As for a fee, depends on the number of dogs and size.I would say $10 for small dog up to $30 for multiple large dogs.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:41 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,943,480 times
I did for a few weeks when we were in the middle of packing for our move, and I would work at the crack of dawn making it very difficult to see where they would go. It took one thing off of my to do list which was really nice! I paid $20 a week. But, then I added dog walking when my schedule got out of hand, so it ended up being $10 a day. I completely understand that it is worthwhile for a lot of us...but definitely not for everyone. I don't regret using that service one bit.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:07 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,143,332 times
Where I live many of my neighbors don't even cut their own grass. I would say there are people out there that would prefer someone else shovel the poo. Some of the simplest ideas turn into fruitful ones. I personally wouldn't pay for it just because I couldn't afford to but if I could. Yes. Good luck.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times
I would need to know what type of area u are thinking of giving this service. If it's urban or suburban or rural. Assuming its a suburban neighborhood I may pay for a service like that if it saved me a few minutes and ounces of energy in my busy day to day life. I knew people with a fenced back yard and 2 dogs and there was hardly no grass growing there because the dogs ran around back there half of the day. Maybe u can offer some service to help keep their backyards looking like yards instead of sandy dog crap war zones.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I would need to know what type of area u are thinking of giving this service. If it's urban or suburban or rural. Assuming its a suburban neighborhood I may pay for a service like that if it saved me a few minutes and ounces of energy in my busy day to day life. I knew people with a fenced back yard and 2 dogs and there was hardly no grass growing there because the dogs ran around back there half of the day. Maybe u can offer some service to help keep their backyards looking like yards instead of sandy dog crap war zones.
That is a great idea. If the service included watering the flowers and lawn too, maybe even just taking the dogs out for a quick walk, that would be a nice addition. I used the service in the winter so that didn't apply and I don't know if the company I used did things like that. I certainly would have paid more for those services.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
That is a great idea. If the service included watering the flowers and lawn too, maybe even just taking the dogs out for a quick walk, that would be a nice addition. I used the service in the winter so that didn't apply and I don't know if the company I used did things like that. I certainly would have paid more for those services.
good idea, yeah I was sorta thinking the same thing as you, i mean there's an endless list of add ons you could do.

bring the dog a treat, walk dog, water flowers, bring in mail. there's so many small things that either lazy people or people who work long hours would pay for. most of this stuff takes a relatively small amount of time and effort. if i h ad an employee i would definately do some ad ons but if it was just me starting out just want something i can do a few yards on my way home from my normal 9-5 where as i think the add ons would be too much for just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business