Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2007, 10:50 PM

21 posts, read 116,263 times

Advertisements

HI i am interested in post construction clean-up. Does anyone know what the rates are in Idaho? Per square foot that is. I also dont know how much to charge to do outside clean up. $200 for a truck load and or $75 an hour???? Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 01:58 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
I used to own a post construction cleanup company in Texas. Most of the companies I dealt with wanted a fixed expense. I would walk over the site and get a detailed list of what they wanted done. Then I would give a bid based on my time and expenses.

This can be very good money for the time and effort invested. Best of luck!

Old 08-03-2007, 02:09 PM

21 posts, read 116,263 times
what would be an average price for you? I called different contractors and they all want set prices. thank you for your help.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:44 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
I did a new apartment complex for $300 per unit. When I was done, it was move in ready. I did a large manufacturing plant for 7K. It had piles of construction debris all over and was a lot of work. If you take on large projects, be sure to build a reasonable time frame into your bid. I also took pictures of what it looked like before I started and after I finished.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 11,765 times
When people say post construction clean up is that only cleaning the facility to make its appearance better like sweeping saw dust cleaning the area outside? I just want to make sure im wording this the right way on my business cards and advertisments.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,852 times
What is the rate per sf for post construction clean up in tallahassee florida?

Old 11-08-2015, 08:51 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Seriously? $75 an hour? I can hire all the labor I want for $15 an hour. Less than that if I hire the undocumented. Why would I pay you $75 an hour?

If you want the job, you'd better be able to answer that question.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:24 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Seriously? $75 an hour? I can hire all the labor I want for $15 an hour. Less than that if I hire the undocumented. Why would I pay you $75 an hour?

All that cheap labor gonna get to your worksite on their own, supply all the tools/equipment, have a job trash bin hauled away, have license insurance and gonna be available when you call too? Wait until one of them breaks a leg or breaks something in your house and some slick lawyer gets you on a negligent angle. Since you hired them you become the employer and technically are liable and may have to cover the injury

Most contractors want set prices for clean up. Are you planning on final clean up bidding or start to finish? You'll most likely need to keep a few people on site full time if it's a big job. Otherwise just be good at scheduling calling and flexibility because there will be times when contractors will call on a I gotta have it ASAP.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 11-08-2015 at 09:33 AM..

Old 10-09-2016, 02:32 PM

14 posts, read 14,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

I've owned a cleaning company for just over 19 years. We charge from $25-$95 a man hour (although sometimes it can come out to more). Let's take a job coming up this week, this guy has been a customer for 7 years, once a month, $140 and it takes about 75 minutes ($112 a man hour).

Or how about the post construction clean up we did about a year ago (we don't normally do these because they are a pain in the (*) ). There are a few different clean ups for a construction clean, you don't just go in once and it's done. For the first clean we charged $900 which took 12 man hours. That just happens to be $75 an hour. But I didn't present the price as $900 and I will have someone work for 12 man hours for a price of $75 an hour. I presented it at $900 and the job will be done to completion no matter how long it takes or no matter if it takes 30 minutes.

You really have no idea how a cleaning business works (or you are just trying to make things complicated), LOTS of money to be made in cleaning.

Old 04-20-2021, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,090 times
Yellowsnow, I would like to converse with you about your business in Texas before you left. I have just rebranded and reactivated my commercial cleaning company after 5 years. Dynamics have changed drastically!! Would love a mentor in the field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business