Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 05:09 PM

2 posts, read 7,227 times

Advertisements

how much do you charge? flat rate or per sq ft
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 07:19 AM

50 posts, read 128,907 times
Most local companies have an hourly rate and calculate the fees based on how many hours they estimate. My brother is a real estate agent/property manager that handles a lot of foreclosure sales.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:08 AM

6 posts, read 14,428 times
In different areas different charges are charge on building and other real estate business. Big cities charge high price and small cities charge low rent.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 7,227 times
Last month, some neighbors had moved out, but they left everything in the house except their tv. The landlord had his guys to cleanout the house - sweep and paint - it took about a week to finish. In my business - I can get guys. But, how much should I charge.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 AM

50 posts, read 128,907 times
I'd suggest you call around and get quotes to get an idea of what your potential competition charges. Your rate would be labor x hours x % of profit required..... also consider secondary revenue streams of selling off found items and recycling materials.

Down here you have to have insurance and a bond in addition to your business license for each county you intend to do business in.

Do a google search for "foreclosure clean out forums" I've run across an informative forum using this search but didn't save it.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:22 AM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,616 times
If you are just starting out I would charge below my competitors while you establish your name. There is tremendous competition in clean outs because of the down economy. Many laid-off construction workers have started this business. You don't have to 'give-away' your services- just be very competitive. Good luck and I hope you're a big success!!

Old 08-05-2011, 10:55 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
The formula is something like this:

Labor + Materials + Overhead + Profit = Customer Quote

IMO flat rate is more attractive to a customer. In any case, your labor charge will be around the same cost.

If you don't know overhead, you can 20% of labor + materials. Good % profit could be 20% of labor+materials+overhead.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:28 AM

6 posts, read 14,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle33 View Post
In different areas different charges are charge on building and other real estate business. Big cities charge high price and small cities charge low rent.
Lincoln Park condos for sale

Old 11-08-2011, 11:38 PM

18 posts, read 26,545 times
Contacting Realtors and lending companies is what is required to get the word out about your service, quality work as well as prior experience is what many of these business professionals will be looking for in a new start up company, you will need to bid on the jobs as well as show that you have all the proper licenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business