Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 05:41 AM

737 posts, read 1,037,446 times

Advertisements

"From crowdsourced shopping to mancessories to new ways to get green, there are a lot of new trends that will define opportunity next year".

10 New Trends That Could Change Your Business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 10:02 PM

42 posts, read 163,547 times
This is a GREAT website.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:30 AM

6 posts, read 8,282 times
a very new trend i knew is google business listings it really creates a hurry to the different entrepreneurs of the same area to list there business on google and work hard to maintain it at first 7 spots .

Old 12-28-2010, 05:03 AM

737 posts, read 1,037,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityda View Post
a very new trend i knew is google business listings it really creates a hurry to the different entrepreneurs of the same area to list there business on google and work hard to maintain it at first 7 spots .
I found a "Welcome To Google Business Solutions". Is that the site you are talking about Cityda?
Google

Old 12-31-2010, 10:44 PM

6 posts, read 8,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round tuit View Post
I found a "Welcome To Google Business Solutions". Is that the site you are talking about Cityda?
Google
no it is just google maps , and building your companies list on google maps is called google business listings .

Last edited by FarNorthDallas; 01-01-2011 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: deleted real estate link

Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,870,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityda View Post
Yea thats the big trend if you ask me. Everything is going local. The internet was designed for worldwide or national use, most of it at least. Google search recently started integrating more local listings in their search results based off of your location.

Its going to get much much much more local though especially with the rise of cheap GPS chips being in virtually every mobile device. Now software developers can write mapping software or applications that use this information. Right now most gps maps are just used simply for directions, from point A to point B. I am working to change that. To say the least, there is so much more information that can be embedded into your GPS maps application. Having this extra information is so much more important these days because in the future practically everyone will be walking around with a GPS enabled smart phone or tablet computer.

For the small business owner this is the holy grail because now their business can be easily discovered by millions who would have normally never knew the business existed.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM

943 posts, read 1,321,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Yea thats the big trend if you ask me. Everything is going local. The internet was designed for worldwide or national use, most of it at least. Google search recently started integrating more local listings in their search results based off of your location.

Its going to get much much much more local though especially with the rise of cheap GPS chips being in virtually every mobile device. Now software developers can write mapping software or applications that use this information. Right now most gps maps are just used simply for directions, from point A to point B. I am working to change that. To say the least, there is so much more information that can be embedded into your GPS maps application. Having this extra information is so much more important these days because in the future practically everyone will be walking around with a GPS enabled smart phone or tablet computer.

For the small business owner this is the holy grail because now their business can be easily discovered by millions who would have normally never knew the business existed.
Yep. I have 16 years experience in the software of GPS/digital maps/navigation systems. I've never had more work. I've been completely insulated from the current economic crisis, knock wood.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:28 AM

18 posts, read 26,551 times
Some of the new trends that could change your business some of the points are Organized labor, Artificial Intelligence, Office Design, defined Benefit Plan, Outsourcing, Mergers, Freelancers and Consulters, Pay for Wellness Performance, Spirituality at Work, Women at work, Accounting Program, Universal Health Care are some of the new trends which can change your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business