Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 11:47 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,450,054 times

Advertisements

A few ways that $100 invested, can make you $800 return.

Buy a bulk quantity of cashews, say 100 pounds. Divide into half pound bags that are heat sealed.

Price per pound that you paid is $7.00, Sell a half pound for $7, the second half pound that you sell is pure profit. On a hundred pound purchase , you make back your original investment, of 700 and you also make a profit of 700 dollars. Do it again. Do it with pecans, and peanuts, and walnuts, and any other thing that you can buy and break down into smaller units, to sell.

The economics are simple, buy low, at wholesale, sell higher, at retail. Buy in bulk, such as seconds of candy bars, that are OK to eat but look sort of broken. Same with `seconds `of cookies, and cereal.

Boxes of cheap popsicles, or `freezies `that are liquid sugar and water. Sell to mothers with little kids, 50 in a box, for a couple of dollars. A cheap summer treat for the lower income people. Buy a few 50 lb bags of potatoes at the wholesale grocery warehouse, and take then around to the projects, sell 10 pound bags, or get a couple of women to buy a 50 pounder and split it, between them. Same thing for any type of in season fruit or veggies, that you can buy in bulk, and sell that day.

Baby diapers, in big packs. Find a wholesaler that will sell you a few dozen packages at a time. Double the price that YOU paid, you will still be way cheaper than the chain stores, as you have no overhead costs, like a warehouse, trucks, employees, and a payroll. Baby diapers are NOT a one time item, for sure. When the ladies get to know that you have the best prices, they will come back and bring their friends, too. As long as you bought the goods legally, and pay your taxes, you are looking at a nice sideline business. IF you need a business licence in your location BUY ONE. Be legal, and be happy.

Jim B. In Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 07:50 AM

323 posts, read 428,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
A few ways that $100 invested, can make you $800 return.

Buy a bulk quantity of cashews, say 100 pounds. Divide into half pound bags that are heat sealed.

Price per pound that you paid is $7.00, Sell a half pound for $7, the second half pound that you sell is pure profit. On a hundred pound purchase , you make back your original investment, of 700 and you also make a profit of 700 dollars. Do it again. Do it with pecans, and peanuts, and walnuts, and any other thing that you can buy and break down into smaller units, to sell.

The economics are simple, buy low, at wholesale, sell higher, at retail. Buy in bulk, such as seconds of candy bars, that are OK to eat but look sort of broken. Same with `seconds `of cookies, and cereal.

Boxes of cheap popsicles, or `freezies `that are liquid sugar and water. Sell to mothers with little kids, 50 in a box, for a couple of dollars. A cheap summer treat for the lower income people. Buy a few 50 lb bags of potatoes at the wholesale grocery warehouse, and take then around to the projects, sell 10 pound bags, or get a couple of women to buy a 50 pounder and split it, between them. Same thing for any type of in season fruit or veggies, that you can buy in bulk, and sell that day.

Baby diapers, in big packs. Find a wholesaler that will sell you a few dozen packages at a time. Double the price that YOU paid, you will still be way cheaper than the chain stores, as you have no overhead costs, like a warehouse, trucks, employees, and a payroll. Baby diapers are NOT a one time item, for sure. When the ladies get to know that you have the best prices, they will come back and bring their friends, too. As long as you bought the goods legally, and pay your taxes, you are looking at a nice sideline business. IF you need a business licence in your location BUY ONE. Be legal, and be happy.

Jim B. In Toronto.
you can do better than wal-mart?

lol.

something tells me poster is HOGWASH! sell potatoes in the projects. the peeps in the projects get everything FREE!

Old 11-26-2014, 09:18 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,450,054 times
Ohhboy.

You are entitled to your opinion, but all of the things that I listed are small money makers that I HAVE done in the past. I also was a wholesale LIVE lobster buyer, buying over the phone from Nova Scotia, having them sent air freight to Toronto, that day, and delivering them to my up scale restaurant customers. Did that for a number of years.

I continue to make money from my efforts, although at this time my business deals in much bigger amounts of money . Be skeptical, I don`t really care, but also realize that some people see opportunity, where you may not see it.

Jim B. In Toronto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business