Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,030 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a 4-plex in the home town I grew up in, I managed it for 4 years, From 1997-2000, it has be vacant for years, I know the building in and out, ( a movie theatre, has lot of potential), try again- you sound like you have heart in your property and you saw something before, my biggest obstacle is the digital conversion, you would be surprised at the low prices of digital projectors, used even and you only need 2, you have other spaces, use them, market birthday parties, schools, daycares, meeting room, guest speakers , motivational speakers, go talk to some of those churches, say Sunday mornings, like Easter Sunday-who goes to church on Easter- everyone, not enough room, right! Take your profession, could you teach something in your profession, what does your family members do, sell Pampered chef, Avon , it sounds like you are not letting it go, I believe you could reopen and do well, you respond to everyone's post, you are invested, good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 08:56 AM

80 posts, read 247,018 times
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Rmt527. I definitely have investment in this theater. It's a lot like a child for me. It's my creation. I spent 10 to 12 hours a day, six days a week, without pay for over a year restoring, renovating, remodeling, preparing, planning, etc. I gave up my job, sold my home, and moved to a new place to pursue this dream. I drained all my resources just to get the place open. I wish I would have had another year or two to establish the business. Family needs were more important than continuing on with the theater. We had to move away for a new job. I can't go back and try again. I'm too far away. I would be willing to do whatever I can to help a new operator get it going again, but that doesn't include spending money that I don't have. I can offer a pretty sweet lease/purchase deal for a fully committed, knowledgeable, entrepreneur.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,882 times
Default interested

trythis....I would like to hear more about the location. I have operated theatres at every level from a manager, division manager, ops director, to small town theatre owner....if the location is still available I may be interested if due diligence looks good....my generic junk email address is [email]midsouthinteractive@hotmail.com[/email], I'll give you my direct personal one from there.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:17 AM

2 posts, read 3,171 times
Did you ever sell the theatre or do you still have it?

Old 02-17-2014, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 3,171 times
My husband ran a small town theater until it went up for sale and he couldn't buy it, over 12 years ago. He would like to have one of his own. It would have to be a owner finance though.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:55 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Wow, two new replies. I sure want to see how this all plays out. Well Trythis? Do you still have the theatre?

Old 02-25-2014, 12:24 PM

I have reopened the theater. I have contract operators who have moved in from Oregon to operate the place with hopes of buying in the future. So, the the theater is not currently on the market. But, if it doesn't work out with the current operators, it may be available again. The jury is still out. One of the biggest challenges these days is the need to convert to digital projection and sound. Any new operator would need a plan for getting that done, or they won't be in business for long, if at all. There are lease to own deals on that equipment out there, but it's still not cheap.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:47 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
How did you find operators from Oregon?

Old 02-28-2014, 03:36 PM

Through a different forum.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,424 times
Maybe consider a live music venue. I've been looking for a theater to lease to bring my show to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business