Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,525,639 times

Advertisements

I go to a lot of storage auctions. I generally sell on craigslist and ebay but wnna try out flea markets this summer.

curious on how to price items. How about clothes? How about random t-shirts? how about brand names, not super high end stuff but womens clothes like express, forever21, bebe tops and pants.

How about kitchen wares and dishes. Toaster, blender, cookie and muffin trays nad pans.

How about dish sets and also fine china?

how about picture frames, everything from small to huge?

I was thinking plain tshirts like 0.25. Name brand womens clothes like $4-$6.

I have a bad habbit of trying to get every penny out of items and pricing too hgih or wanting to sell stuff and practically giving stuff away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 04:51 AM

Location: Looks like I'm getting out "Valley On The Sun" Arizona
190 posts, read 415,508 times
I'm thinking it's time to check out your local competition. When your getting stuff at auction it's easy to get so immersed in the amount of stuff the you don't notice the treasures.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:32 AM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,865,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
I go to a lot of storage auctions. I generally sell on craigslist and ebay but wnna try out flea markets this summer.

curious on how to price items. How about clothes? How about random t-shirts? how about brand names, not super high end stuff but womens clothes like express, forever21, bebe tops and pants.

How about kitchen wares and dishes. Toaster, blender, cookie and muffin trays nad pans.

How about dish sets and also fine china?

how about picture frames, everything from small to huge?

I was thinking plain tshirts like 0.25. Name brand womens clothes like $4-$6.

I have a bad habbit of trying to get every penny out of items and pricing too hgih or wanting to sell stuff and practically giving stuff away.
there's no way to know this question. flea markets are hyper local micro economic bubbles. what a used t-shirt sells for in paducah won't necessarily translate to san jose. you have to hit up your local flea markets and see what things are selling for, and in what condition they are selling, in your market.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:49 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
I sold a carload of stuff at a table at a flea market once, the table costed 20 or 30 and I made 200, so profit of 175... I got those stickers and wrote cheap prices on them and sat the stuff out. The busy traffic passing by was 4 hours of selling which sold 80% of the stuff. The last 2 hours I put cheaper stickers on a few things.

To draw traffic it helps to have something u are selling very cheap and exotic, like indian bangels, all colors and pretty, sell them for 10cent each and u will get women there, once u have a couple people at ur table, others will join and see the other stuff u have.

Picture frames are hard to sell, even if they're nice, I had 5 really nice ones which were a steal but I think I only sold one for 3 dollars. Most people don't know the value of things and if they do they expect to get a very good deal. U may need to allow them to negotiate otherwise u won't get rid of it. I think babystuff is good, dishes not so much, unless its real cute or u have fine silverwear. Whatever u do don't pay to much for a table, in fact just lay ur stuff out and they may not even collect the fee, u make ur money by not paying to much for a table. If ur not sure of somethings value, put a sign "name ur price" at a table of stuff that u think will be hard to get rid of.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 AM

3 posts, read 29,794 times
\Don't stick to any one thing. I tend to try to avoid used electrical things because they may have problems. You won't get much for those. If you have an assortment of merchandise you have a better chance of appealing to someone walking by.
As for prices, flea markets are the ultimate discount store. You have to give people a bargain or you won't sell. Also figure in how much you can come down when they haggle. Price it a little above what you want so you can come down when they want to feel like they are getting a bargain.
I think you will sit on picture frames forever. I have seen mirrors with beer logos sell.
Give it a shot . Just buy low sell higher. Experience will make you better at it. Mainly, go to markets with high traffic or else its hard to make money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business