U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 12:02 AM

8 posts, read 14,316 times

Advertisements

I have about one half of the items in my eBay store as Buy it now or make an offer. Most of the time people make reasonable offers say $21 or $22 on a $25 item which I usually accept. At times I can go lower (if I purchased the items for a very low price or if it hasn't sold in a while) and even if I can go lower it doesn't bother me if a person makes an offer of 25% or 30% off. Hey, it may be their lucky day. Or I may make a counteroffer which is reasonable for both of us. Even someone who offers 50% isn't insulting I'll just make a counter offer.

But, it really irritates me when someone makes an offer that is extremely low. I sell new items with tags. A brand that is rarely, if ever, on sale so the purchase price will still be fairly high, even if they get a "great deal". Someone just made an offer to purchase one of these new, with tags items for 85% off of my asking price. No one on eBay sells these items for more than 10% to 20% off of full price and most sell for the full price or even higher (ones that are harder to find). So why would someone offer me $3 for a $20 item?

Sorry for the rank but it is just annoying and time consuming. Do they really think that I would sell this brand new in box, unopened, item for 85% off especially if others sellers are selling it for full price?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or