U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 17,330 times

Advertisements

Starting a Business & wanted samples of contracts I may need. Foreclosure cleanouts for Banks & Realtors.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:21 PM

1,759 posts, read 4,635,727 times
My name is _____________
I offer cleanout services for your foreclosures, even though I'm about 3 years late to that party.
I will still offer to do yours for $___________ and keep all the items I remove.
If these terms are acceptable, please sign below:

You're welcome. I charge $375/hour for my services. You can paypal me.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 PM

12,101 posts, read 14,064,264 times
I have some experience with banks/f/c's:

A. They love flat rate vs. hourly (and $375 an hour is never going to happen unless there is a corpse in the place!)
B. Realtors are usually a waste of time, they aren't the decision makers and they almost never write the checks
C. Banks are slow to make decisions and if it is over like $1,000 then they will bid it out.

However that being said, once you are "in" with a bank/lender then you could get flooded with work and the checks flow within 30 days.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 15,795 times
is it always a flat rate with banks? Also any experience working with Investors?

Old 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,002,974 times
Your probably not going toh ave much luck approaching banks and realtors trying to get business. Most of these contracts are already held by large companies who subcontract the work out to smaller guys such as yourself. They already have hte contracts and stuff in place and most banks/relators will probably use their own contracts not yours so this probably isn't much of a conern for you, none the less you should be prepared.

A quick google search for free foreclosure cleanup contract templates or samples will pull up a lot of results. I would recommend trying to hookup with a big company who does this and can subcontract work out to you. I have a buddy who did this. They specified the type of insurance and stuff he had to have and how quickly he had to get jobs done but it paid really well even for those being subcontracted. I wana say it was $50 to mow a lawn which is way above going rate in my area which is probably about $30. Snow removal paid good as well. Boardups were big business like $35 to boardup a window. You have to buy the supplies but still a cheap sheet of plywood and a few nails and 5 minutes of work and you get $35 per window. Winteringiing houses. The money in this industry is not necessarily just in the cleanups but in the recurring business such as filandscaping and snow removal. The bank who owns the property will get fined by the city and probably massociation if the lawn gets too high so someone has to mow it. This is where you come in. Same with snow removal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or