Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:57 PM

3 posts, read 8,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I hear lots of folks on here really putting this girl down and questioning her efforts and product. You should be celebrating her success. Whether she made a million or only a few thousand is not what is important here. What is important is that she is a teenager and apparently doing well at what she does.
I don't think it is necessary to belittle all teenagers, just because you feel they can't do anything at all, and you feel that anything they do is a huge "accomplishment".

I think people questioning the veracity of the "facts" is a lot less "insulting", then coming on here and spraying all teenagers with a label of near retardation, to be praised like mental half wits when they "accomplish" something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 12:31 PM

3 posts, read 5,501 times
Sorry for resurrecting this topic... I was going through Google and found this topic and read it through from beginning to end... lol

Here are my thoughts on this.. I own a website that basically has the same content that her website does, to be honest with you at one point I was making $80k+ a month for a couple of months until Yahoo Publisher Network started to get greedy in their take of the money.. My first year with my website I had made about $495k. Just off those ads and 2 other ad networks..

My thoughts are this.. If she would have kept her mouth shut and stop bragging about her being so young making her money then she would be making more money and so would I and a handful of others that were in this type of website business. Yeah it makes me upset because now everyone has a social networking resource site. When mine was put up there was hers and a small handful of others. Which I know it's a free world and anyone can do what ever they want especially on the internet... But I don't think there would be that many out there and we all would be making more money.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling.. But it is very possible for her to be a millionaire because her site did stay on top through out the years, If you have a top ranked site and get the traffic..let's say over 50,000 unique visitors a day with average page views of 10 per day per user... some ad companies pay on average for certain type of ads about .50CPM which means cost per thousand page impressions... that would be $250 a day just with that one type of ad... So if you place more ads on your site then those ads would generate more income... Some of my ads pay on average $1CPM... So in turn I would get an extra $500 a day... let's just take those 2 ad types... I would be making on average $750 a day which equals out to be $273,750.00 a yr with just 2 different ad types...lol Yes it amounts to be a large sum of money if you ad more ad types.

I use to make at one point on quite a few days over $5k a day.. All this from 1 site generating money from ads like Google Adsense and a few popup companies. And at that time my Alexa rank was only 12,000 with a pagerank of a 5... Her site is still a strong 10,000 Alexa Rank and in the past it was on average of 3,000+ which in my eyes would mean she was getting on average of about 200,000 unique visitors a day which in turn would mean over 2mil average pageviews a day... which with the 2 ad types I mentioned above would bring in about $730,000.00 a year, which she would have more than 2 different ad types at all times... so in my eyes it would be way over the $1mil mark

Sorry for the rambling, but I had to I guess to prove a point...

So just in case you guys think about making this type of site, and thinking it's going to make me a million dollars.. Think again.. Now there are 1,000s of these types of sites all over the net. So your chances are 1 in 1 million...

We are all out to find out what the next big thing is... This WAS at one point.. but now it's faded...

Cheers!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,568 times
Wow, I am very surprised at this girl's techniques. Whatever I did when I was younger was apparently wrong. lol. She has alot going for her and I am happy for her. I don't think that people should be putting her down and saying she don't deserve it because she has worked for it, I'm sure if anyone was in her place that they would be just as happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business