Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 09:09 PM

2 posts, read 7,543 times

Advertisements

Benalexe: Did you purchase a mission route? Please let me know as I am looking to purchase one too. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 4,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King David H View Post
Benalexe: Did you purchase a mission route? Please let me know as I am looking to purchase one too. Thank you.
I've been debating a mission route too. Job seems easy enough. Rotate product on the shelves and keep them filled.

I'm in Chicagoland so all the usual routes are available.

Any current input would be fantastic!

Old 04-02-2016, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,017 times
Does anybody Know of any changes in the Bread Distribution business in Wisconsin, Brownberry in particular. Everyone in our area is selling their routes. Something going on that everyone is getting out, not a good buy? I understand it is a lot of work, I have done delivery before, just wondering if something is going on not to sink all I have into buying a route?

Old 07-03-2016, 10:41 PM

2 posts, read 6,598 times
I am looking high and low here in Westchester County, NY for a Flowers or BIMBO bread route. I am one step short of hanging out at the distribution point and talking to the owners. I would have no problem with that, my current job starts at 4 pm and finishes at 4 am.(The time most of these guys get started). Everyone I know says that it takes one year to get "IT". I keep asking what IT is? The hours, the ordering, the driving? I can't get a straight answer. If anyone has any insight into the early pitfalls or rookie mistakes, I would love to hear from you. Also, any leads, and I'M all ears.
Thanks!

Old 07-03-2016, 11:25 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Forget all the hipe. The HI Vee corp. will take care of all your petty values.Forget , it , the race is over ! ....

Old 02-27-2017, 08:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,829 times
Default bread route

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoFred View Post
Hello flycessna... I know your post is a bit outdated but was wondering if you managed to get answers to your questions or if you pursued this opportunity.

I’m actually pursuing a bread route opportunity myself and I have the same exact questions that you had. I hope you are able to provide me with some insight from your experience. Some of my questions are:

How do you put a value on a business like this?

Are there any hidden draw backs?

How to read financial data? Or better yet what are some financial red flags to look for?

What questions to ask?

I have a financial background and I used to own a very small business so I’m not completely in foreign territory but any insight would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
did you ever start your company

Old 02-27-2017, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,829 times
How do you get started with owning a bread route

Old 03-01-2017, 03:30 PM

2 posts, read 6,598 times
Default Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesh8355 View Post
How do you get started with owning a bread route

The best way (I think) is to visit sights like Routes For Sale | Route Sales | Route Distributorships For Sale or Mr. Route Inc. - Routes for Sale in New York and look around for something you are interested in. Now is the time to price out the routes. See what they are selling for in your area and see what they make. You are going to have to VERIFY THE NUMBERS, beforehand. Do not believe whatever is written as absolute. There is a lot of "finagleing" by the sellers and/or the brokers. That is the best way to get started.
I also went out, spoke to the bread guys in the stores near my house, and I found out where the depots where they pick up the bread. At that point in time I went out the the depots early in the morning and spoke to a few guys and handed it my card with some contact info. Anyone looking to sell now had my number.
From here I also went to Pepperidge Farm Distributorships and https://www.bbuio.com to shoot my info in. From here you can wait for them to contact you or feel free to contact anyone who has their info on those websites. I found everyone to be pretty helpful and honest. Make sure you know what you are getting into as far as hours, money, truck, and STALE policy.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,652 times
I am looking into purchasing a Mike sells chip route soon. Are there any specific questions I should be looking to ask. I haven't seen the financials yet but will within a week. I do know he employs two individuals and is selling with three trucks for $55k. He says he personally grosses $100k and his two drivers about $40k. The seller has owned his route for 27 years and is wanting to retire. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Jacksobs4260; 03-26-2017 at 08:43 AM..

Old 04-01-2017, 04:37 PM

21 posts, read 97,547 times
id like to know what this potato chip route averages in sales per week, his weekly average. Then give the cost. Here in ny, potato chip routes average 18% commission in supermarket charge accounts, and like 20-24% on the cash stops.

Also is there a warehouse rent for storing the product, a garage fee for the 3 trucks, aside from gas/maintenance/insurances/employees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business