U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:49 AM

40,978 posts, read 22,246,049 times

Advertisements

You get what you pay for. Start a business webpage. Buy the domain of you're company, it looks more professional. Learn how to website key words so if someone in your area is looking for you're service, you're website will be first, 2nd or 3rd on the list, at minimal on the first page.

<title>Basement Waterproofing Service (town, zip code)</title>
< meta name="description" content="Mr XXX Basement Waterproofing service, town zip code
the description is your advertising space / sales pitch.">

The meta name description is the text people see under the link on google. To get good google placement it must repeat the words in the title at the same time give a sales pitch that makes people want to click on your google link. Generally no more than 60 characters.

Actual Page: The first paragraph should actually be the same as you're meta name-description. Talk about your service and also repeat Basement Waterproofing toward the bottom of your page but repeat no more than 3-4 times. Use H1, H2, H3 tags telling the search engine that the words within the H1 tags are important. H1 tags are at the top of the page and bolded.

Your website consist of several pages and each page must be geared toward only a couple keywords that you think people will type into the search engine when looking for your service so for each page change the keyword. Since everyone might type in different keywords make several pages with different keyword emphasis.

Make a customer satisfaction page too.

http://searchenginewatch.com/article...HTML-Meta-Tags
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 08:39 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,338,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
any tips....
Find out what your customers think about CL advertising. They are the ones you're trying to reach.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:04 PM

4,131 posts, read 6,638,249 times
I've tried advertising photography services on CL and have had zero success.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:16 PM

25,407 posts, read 33,373,893 times
That's where I looked to find a chimney sweep. Anything more professional and I look elsewhere.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:27 PM

4,667 posts, read 2,992,451 times
I had success with a lawn mowing business, I got 12 good accounts. But I stated I had a $35 minimum to keep out low ballers. I had one person angry at me for wanting $40 to mow a lawn, but that's what it was worth to me and I wouldn't drop my price. Finally he agreed. I made the ad as professional as possible with a link to my website and Facebook page. It all equalled about $10,000 in revenue for the year. I tried advertising 2 other businesses with no success.

I also rented out a room in my house with good success, I really scrutinized the candidates...

Old 07-29-2014, 10:04 AM

28,900 posts, read 48,759,457 times
We tried selling a pool table once. The scammers came out of the woodwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or