Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:08 PM

5,477 posts, read 6,302,778 times

Advertisements

The McDonalds closest to where I live was CLOSED all day on Thanksgiving. I remember being suprised that it was closed, especially in the evening when I was on my way home from the relatives. Not that I eat that junk, but it always has a line a mile long at the drive thru, morning, noon and night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The atheists and the like do not respect Christians so I do not respect them back. In fact I despise anyone anti Christian and will fight back once they start their wars against my faith. Being Christian and giving gifts is celebrating the birth of Jesus.

Being a cop or a nurse is different than working fast food. Cop or hospitals are a need. No one NEEDS to eat fast food on Christmas because there are alternatives.

And yes there is a war of Christmas and Christians. Many of us can no longer say Merry Christmas because it might offend people. Who might it offend? atheists, Muslims and the like. Sorry but am not going to stop saying Merry Christmas. This country was a Christian country and I will not bend to cater to other people. Btw, I also have Jewish ancestry and none of them could care less whether someone is closed or not or if someone says Merry Christmas.
Ive never known a single person who gets offended if you say "Merry Christmas". Some people recognize not everyone believes the same things they do and act accordingly. I know plenty of people who are not religious, yet treat everyone with respect. I also know a lot of hard core born again Christians who consider all other Christians "cultists".

It is the arrogance and aggressiveness (marked in red) that causes people to believe you are not to be trusted!

Get over yourself, you are not special.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:02 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I always feel guilty eating out on Christmas. Which is why we go to the Jewish deli for Christmas breakfast.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I always feel guilty eating out on Christmas. Which is why we go to the Jewish deli for Christmas breakfast.
LOL, no one does guilt better than the Jews! Or deli!

Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The atheists and the like do not respect Christians so I do not respect them back. In fact I despise anyone anti Christian and will fight back once they start their wars against my faith.
You have a very un-Christian attitude.

Did Jesus despise anyone?

Last edited by missik999; 12-21-2012 at 07:36 AM..

Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
No ;the bible rerlates just such defending of the faith in many incidents.The cheek is about other things ;not the faith in defending it.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No ;the bible rerlates just such defending of the faith in many incidents.The cheek is about other things ;not the faith in defending it.
I think I understand what you mean (no I'm not sure) would you please explain what you mean, in a different way, so I can be sure., I don't want to assume, or put words in your mouth.

My understanding so far is, you are stating that: The bible relates many ways to defend "the faith" by fighting back against anyone despised by Christians as being anti Christian, once they start their wars against your faith. Is this correct?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,290 times
Default The saddest sight

I ever saw was a father taking his children out to McDonald's for Thanksgiving dinner.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:06 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I suppose that will help some people who don't have a place to go to. Meanwhile I hope they compensate their employees extra for working the holiday!

I worked at McDonalds when I was in high school. Since I was under 18, I was paid a sub-minimum wage. Guess who was working on Thanksgiving?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:48 PM

11,297 posts, read 18,885,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

Many people no longer subscribe to the Christian roots of Christmas. Nowadays it is mainly about the gift giving and dinner with the extended family. The United States is no longer a Christian nation.
I equate Christmas to Thanksgiving, it doesn't matter about "religious" nature, it's a day to spend with family and (should be) a rare day when truly everyone can truly "take a break".

Did you know that Halloween and Valentine's Day were once "Christian religious holidays" too? But they are secularized to the point that most Jews (except the Orthodox) and even some Muslims celebrate them in some fashion. Now that won't completely happen for Christmas (though a few non-Christian Asian countries now celebrate the secular aspects of it), but again this argument has nothing to do with how "religious" Christmas is, it's more the idea of there not being even ONE day where we all just "chill out" and just a generation or two ago it would be considered unthinkable. Also, that the ones most advocating this are the ones least likely to ever be forced to work on those days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business