U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,986 posts, read 6,034,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Same tax ID.
you can't change your tax id(i mean maybe now its too late but its been like 10 years right?)? i mean what happens when you change it? doesn't it change if you move your business out the state?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 AM

19,247 posts, read 58,454,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Strand-Family View Post
It is not capitalism run amok at all.

They did not fall under the rules and regulations of banking which is not totally regulated by the government.

Blaming capitalism is incorrect.

You have a choice to use them or not. That is how capitalism works!

If you knew that you are not forced to use paypal and can use other means to get paid if you sell an item one ebay you might change your mind.

You must have had issues with paypal in the past to think this way.
"You have a choice to use them or not. That is how capitalism works!"

Only in dreams. Capitalism is all about small businesses getting eaten by larger businesses, who then get to set the rules and laws and make it for new small businesses to be successful. Capitalism is all about wringing the maximum profit out of any object or service, while simultaneously reducing the costs of production and delivery to an absolute minimum. Capitalism is not the be all and end all of economics, nor is it particularly fair. It does run amok without restrictions and guidelines to level the playing field. The Mafia was a darn good example of capitalism and crony capitalism.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 AM

4,575 posts, read 10,419,587 times
I remember doing construction work at PayPal before they got bought by E-Bay in Mountain View, CA. What I remember most was that all food was free in the cafeteria, and Including Corona beer.

Now I just kind of see the whole thing as corporate America run amuck. E-Bay sucks if you're a little guy seller, and them forcing PayPal as payment seems to be a conflict to me. I guess it just bothers me a little to see wall street take over silicon valley and move the jobs off shore for more profit at the expense of the American working. I know somebody will probably call me names for saying it, so go ahead.

Never had a problem with them though.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 PM

17,487 posts, read 16,131,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
I remember doing construction work at PayPal before they got bought by E-Bay in Mountain View, CA. What I remember most was that all food was free in the cafeteria, and Including Corona beer.

Now I just kind of see the whole thing as corporate America run amuck. E-Bay sucks if you're a little guy seller, and them forcing PayPal as payment seems to be a conflict to me. I guess it just bothers me a little to see wall street take over silicon valley and move the jobs off shore for more profit at the expense of the American working. I know somebody will probably call me names for saying it, so go ahead.

Never had a problem with them though.
Not the first time this has happened. The up and coming of the tech boom was a rather narrow, but very special time. Wallstreet turned it into just another sector of the economy. Profits came before all else from that point on. This is what happens when you have demanding shareholders to please.

The thing I've always been told... Work environments go to crap when companies go public and start offering stock. Main reason is shareholder's interests come before employee's interests. They suggest that we are all free to become shareholders and reap the benefits of capitalism. The dilemma is, most can't amass the resources to fully capitalize on such benefits. That is to say, it takes money to make money. If the worker is being marginalized, many simply will be left out of the loop, even though they did their part in contributing to the capitalist model.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 AM

21,076 posts, read 21,742,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Strand-Family View Post
There are many ways to get paid without using paypal. Use a merchant account or other methods to get paid. You are not required to use it completely and have many other options.

I have a merchant account, use google checkout, accept money orders etc all of the time.
Whether you use it or not is beside the point.Unless things have changed, you still have to have a PP account in order to get a seller's account on eBay
I admit to not trying to sign up for some time.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,418,576 times
I've been there for 13 years and yes they put a hold on some of my funds, not all of them, seem's they pick and choose, I've had Int'l payments held for awhile it may have been for $13 or so, ok I can understand that somewhat.

But... in the USA I don't understand it because it seems to be one's and two'seys, could be the buyer has risk factors, I don't know if paypal check's credit reports, maybe they have done so.

Still they are a big problem, so is ebay, constanting updating the site for over 9 months, not doing right by sellers with all the problems.

I say do a system restore but how many have they done, if they ever did and how many times.

The new programmers and tech people are of no use, they must of paid the cheapest site designers they could find.

The click to buy it now always works tho.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:54 PM

9,837 posts, read 20,341,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
"You have a choice to use them or not. That is how capitalism works!"

Only in dreams. Capitalism is all about small businesses getting eaten by larger businesses, who then get to set the rules and laws and make it for new small businesses to be successful. Capitalism is all about wringing the maximum profit out of any object or service, while simultaneously reducing the costs of production and delivery to an absolute minimum. Capitalism is not the be all and end all of economics, nor is it particularly fair. It does run amok without restrictions and guidelines to level the playing field. The Mafia was a darn good example of capitalism and crony capitalism.
Life isn't fair. And there is no such thing as "leveling the playing field" as the government is made up of people, many of whom incompetent dummies who have no clue how to "level the playing field".

This utopian mindset is overtaking the USA and utopianism is just a vehicle to impose a totalitarian state.

Once a company like ebay and paypal dis their customers, capitalism has the answers, as other businesses form to challenge old cantankerous companies like paypal. You think a government invasion or monopoly over paypal would suddenly make it "fair"? I think not.

I don't shop hardly at all on ebay anymore and haven't for years and I haven't lacked for anything.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:36 PM
JL

7,845 posts, read 12,580,787 times
Got a question......so in a paypal transaction, the seller always pays the transaction fee right? the buyer never pays the transaction fees under any circumstances right? just wanted to be sure...thanks.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:37 PM

16,369 posts, read 19,258,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Got a question......so in a paypal transaction, the seller always pays the transaction fee right? the buyer never pays the transaction fees under any circumstances right? just wanted to be sure...thanks.
You revived a six month old thread for that??

Google is your friend.

www.google.com -> paypal fees -> PayPal Fees Explained

Old 08-02-2013, 04:59 PM
JL

7,845 posts, read 12,580,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You revived a six month old thread for that??

Google is your friend.

Google -> paypal fees -> PayPal Fees Explained
I read Paypal already....says that the seller pays, but i'm dealing with a seller on another website forum about a camera...he wants me to pay a transaction fee on top of the price he listed the item...i just wanted to ask someone here to confirm any experience they had where they dealt with seller adding fees like that....i'm pretty much going to withdraw my offer to this seller...he won't budge on price plus fee charge making the camera out of my budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or