U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:54 AM

44,266 posts, read 56,264,151 times

Advertisements

Are Professional Women in the Corporate World Seen as Unattractive or Unfeminine?

Only if they succeed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 05:33 AM

426 posts, read 487,474 times
The real successful women never forget they are feminine no matter how much the alpha male tries to beats them down.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:06 AM

14,262 posts, read 15,162,482 times
Meet men outside of work. My personal rule has always been "Don't **** where you eat." I have strong relationships with my male colleagues and occasionally socialize with them outside of work. But they are not romantic prospects and I have never treated them as such. Their wives and girlfriends if they are not single invariably like me and trust me.

I am respected in my field, but I do not date in my field. It just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:09 AM

9,412 posts, read 12,336,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
So according to you administraive assistants, social workers, nurses, teachers and writers have no ambition?

Maybe your superior attitude is what they find unattractive
I was thinking the same thing. How arrogant and self important must someone be to think this? Ugly attitude OP.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 AM

110 posts, read 190,984 times
Maybe you're ugly and the men don't find you attractive?

Old 03-30-2013, 07:58 AM

14,323 posts, read 11,103,069 times
I am hot in a pencil skirt. But then, in my profession, we wear jeans.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:40 AM

119 posts, read 218,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
So according to you administraive assistants, social workers, nurses, teachers and writers have no ambition?

Maybe your superior attitude is what they find unattractive

No. I worded that poorly if thats how it came across.

What I meant to say is you generally don't find Type A personalities in those positions. Even one of my professors did a quiz of the class and found that nearly every type A was some sort of business major such as finance, business management, accounting, or IT.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:41 AM

3,111 posts, read 7,354,100 times
I would not date you.

1. There is more to life than work.
2. I don't care for corporate culture.
3. You sound bitter, and judgmental if you are looking down your nose at social workers, teachers and nurses.
4. I also have no desire to be with an over-the-top type A personality.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
To be completely honest, yes. A lot (not all) of women who have fought their way up the corporate ladder have had to adopt some masculine traits to get there.

And by the way, any woman who says that "we can have it all" is lying to you.

You are a woman right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Most are in HR which is untouchable.
Right, I forgot about that.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
first of all, here is something you should already know-
most corporate employers, have "culture workshops" twice a year, and essentially, itt's a facilitator explaining sexual harrassment laws...and after she/he is finished....you realize if you look at a woman too long in the workplace it can be harrassment...so,,men have listened and learned, the workplace should not be the place to approach any supervisors or execs.
also, i find this an odd question...
most woman in the workplace want to be judged on there merits,,not being an object- the worst thing a guy can do is compliment her on her looks as an exec.

you keep all this separate from work-you want to be a professional,,then be professional
I understand that. I'm not talking about being attractive to co-workers, but outside of work. Is it a turn off for a man to ask a woman what she does for work and for her to respond:

"Financial Analyst"
"Auditor"
"Financial Sales"
"Accountant"

etc. These are traditionally male positions that are now 50% taken by young women.

Do most men have a preference for women with traditionally female dominated jobs such as

teacher
nursing
waitress

etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Are Professional Women in the Corporate World Seen as Unattractive or Unfeminine?

Only if they succeed.
What do you mean? Please elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernRXMan View Post
The real successful women never forget they are feminine no matter how much the alpha male tries to beats them down.

Interesting. Have you seen this in real life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or