Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 PM

788 posts, read 1,248,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) has been saying this for a long time, and has finally written a book about it.

But what I want to know is, where do "C" students get the money to hire "A" students?

Why "A" Students Work for "C" Students and Why "B" Students Work for the Government: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Education for Parents: Robert T. Kiyosaki: 9781612680767: Amazon.com: Books
Kiyosaki is a blowheart who only became a successful book author after Amway started peddling his books. The guy is so full of sh*t that even elephants are envious of the piles he dumps. Read John T. Reeds analysis of his big book "rich crap poor crap": John T. Reed's analysis of Robert T. Kiyosaki's book Rich Dad, Poor Dad

If you look at the title of his newest book, yeah, there probably are A students working for C students. Sure, you can find some. But how many C students are working for A students?

I am beginning to think that all Kiyosaki does is warn people against getting an education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 01:17 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,726,984 times
You guys are off base. The answer is really simple.

Starting a small business is a HUGE RISK. A Students analyze the risk and say, NO WAY. They are smart enough to do that.

C Students aren't so smart, they don't even see the risk, they just do it. Many fail, but those that succeed, are doing the hiring.

Lots of smart guys make a lot of money (A students) but the way to get rich is to own a business and then have a good exit strategy. A's never get there, but C's do. VERY SIMPLE.

We have spent HOURS and HOURS in the conference room discussing this. On reflection, no matter how ornery, EVERYONE finally gets there.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
I see what you are saying in a way. I think the title is meant to be controversial to sell books of course.

The idea that none of the people that started successful companies got A's is kind of crazy though.

Also the idea that C students don't become successful business owners is crazy as well.

I haven't read the book, but knowing Kiyosaki's style I'm sure that it attempts to destroy the advice of "Get good grades, go to a good school and get a good job" which has been repeated to young people for decades.

The idea that A students have paralysis by analysis is probably a valid idea.

There are also tons of C students that end up working min wage or on welfare .

I wonder what Robert thinks of the D and F students? They must really be 1%ers!

Old 08-19-2013, 11:35 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
You guys are off base. The answer is really simple.

Starting a small business is a HUGE RISK. A Students analyze the risk and say, NO WAY. They are smart enough to do that.

C Students aren't so smart, they don't even see the risk, they just do it. Many fail, but those that succeed, are doing the hiring.

Lots of smart guys make a lot of money (A students) but the way to get rich is to own a business and then have a good exit strategy. A's never get there, but C's do. VERY SIMPLE.

We have spent HOURS and HOURS in the conference room discussing this. On reflection, no matter how ornery, EVERYONE finally gets there.
C students who start successful business don't not see the risk.

College is about structure. It's about sitting through lectures and long, dry text books. Your grades in college determine how good you are at following that structure, reading those text books, repeating information.

My grades in school were all over, A - C (mostly B-C area), but I never read any of the text books, read the more normal books that I had to, and didn't really attend class any more than necessary. To me it was a worthless piece of paper, but my parents wanted me to get it. I was self employed through school graduating without debt, bought my first real estate investment as a Junior, and a few months out of school getting ready to build a house and start another business.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 PM

21 posts, read 97,559 times
Hey George Bush was a C student..he became president

I wouldnt put too much stock in college, its a business. 100 dollar textbooks that change versions every year. Tuitions skyrocketing in last 10 years. Introduction of hundreds of useless degrees being offered. Student loans cannot be wiped out by bankruptcy claims anymore, that is how they will go after people's social security in the end. Didn't student loan debt pass credit card debt in 2011?

Think about that for a second. Student loan debt, passed credit card debt.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Hundreds of useless degrees ? Are there hundreds of degrees ?

Who has deemed them useless ?

Student loans not being wiped out by bankruptcy is a negative ?

It's not surprising that student loan debt surpassed credit card debt , but what does this mean ? Why is it so surprising ?

Student loan debt also has much lower interest rates .

You are right it is a business . Colleges don't want the easy loans for education to go away or they would lose business .

If the government didn't back student loans you'd have a lot less college students

I don't think college is for everyone but that doesn't mean there aren't many that benefit or could benefit .

Old 09-08-2013, 10:33 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,530,736 times
I don't know If I buy this.

I think over all your still better off getting good grades. I think people with degrees that got better grades ended up more successful than those who got Cs. The people that are always mentioned, are extremely brilliant and had a unique idea at the right time, they aren't C quality people. For the rest of us normal folks who can't think of a program, website or revolutionary idea, Cs don't cut it.

Try to hand in a resume for an engineering job without a good GPA on your resume. Try to do the same thing as a Doctor or Dentist or anyone in the medical field.

Joe schmo who has no brilliant idea and half asses his way though college is going to be wishing he got a better GPA.

I think the danger of this idea is that, people will start thinking i'll just do the bare minimum get a C and ill come up with an awesome idea an be a billionaire.

I'll take stability and a solid resume over putting everything out there to become the next Zuckerberg.

I had a friend, smart guy. I think he was a B student. He dropped out and started his own software company. Somehow, he did not check all the copyrights that there could have possibly been on his idea. Some large software developer sued him for stealing their idea. Now, it was all BS the idea was original and he won....but he lost. However, they had tied him up so bad and he spent so much defending himself the company folded. He still owes creditors money.

I say good for you to Sir Richard and Mr Gates. Not me, I'm fine being an A student working for a C student. I have money in the stock market and real estate. That's enough risk!

Old 09-09-2013, 11:34 AM

I agree with this. I don't think this is great advice. I want to know what database or facts he used to come up with his theory. Is there some database out there were you can get the grades of every business owner or rich person?

I'd love to see that.

It sounds like your friend should of hired an A student as his copyright attorney before marketing the product, of course it's always hard to know that or be able to think that you can afford it prior to doing something. The problem is anyone can sue for anything...and if you don't have enough money then you get screwed...seen it too many times..

Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Hundreds of useless degrees ? Are there hundreds of degrees ?
All these internet schools popping, the cheesy private schools you see commercials all the time. The United States is a degree churning factory with how easy school loans have become.

Who has deemed them useless ?

Quote:
Student loans not being wiped out by bankruptcy is a negative ?

It's not surprising that student loan debt surpassed credit card debt , but what does this mean ? Why is it so surprising ?

Student loan debt also has much lower interest rates .
Still creates a big drain on the economy, especially given the huge increases in college tuition isn't the people actually doing the teaching in the schools.

Quote:
If the government didn't back student loans you'd have a lot less college students
But you'd have fewer poor quality schools.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:50 PM

I agree about the internet private schools. It's a huge business because of easy student loans.

Not sure what you meant about "given the huge increases in college tuition isn't the people actually doing the teaching in the schools." That professors aren't getting paid more?..

Regarding the last point, we might have fewer low quality schools , but then college would also be something only the rich/well off would be able to attend like it was back in the day.

I don't think overall this would help the whole gap between the rich and poor.

You'd also have higher unemployment with all the schools closing . It wouldn't just be the professors but all the other workers that support a school.

I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of the ability for people to get student loans..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business