Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 05:55 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times

Advertisements

I've had a HORRIBLE experience with a contractor.

He tried to cheat me with the dimensions of the metal building, tried using substandard products, construction stretched on 2x as long.... On and on.

Against my better judgement I paid him MOST of the money (not all) and received a written agreement that he would "schedule some guys to come back and make repairs" (I had to take a trip for some VA tests I'd been waiting for the appointments for 9 months)

Well he ignored my repeated attempts (text and email so it was documented) till today when I was about to file in small claims court. (he professes he never got any communication from me)

And says "he will get back to me" and it will "be at least 3-4 weeks till anyone comes out" (he's been ignoring me for a month, this will be 2 months after the last time anyone was out here, and nearly 4 months after it began)
Postponing no doubt till he has a crew with nothing to do... If then.

Well I have work that needs doing. (they just built the framework)

Now, I don't THINK I can file in small claims court because he claims he never got them... And acts like he will finish.

I'll file a complaint with the BBB, but not many in is area participate in that.
Angie's list will get a bad review AFTER he and I are through.

What else can I do ever before this is finished, to wrap it up, or to warn others after?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business